iPhone 5S black screen
sfmichaelz

While charging my phone the screen just went black but phone still rings and still get notifications, etc. but just can't see who is calling or where to slide to answer, etc... I've tried resetting and restoring thru iTunes but it doesn't even recognize the phone when it's plugged into computer.  What else can I do??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S black screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sfmichaelz,

I am shocked that you would be having this issue with a iPhone 5s. Let's get this figured out. Did a power surge come through when it is plugged in? Did you change anything on the device when this happened? Try pressing and holding the Home and Power Key for 30 seconds.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sfmichaelz

Hi AlbertoR...... No, nothing out of the ordinary, that I am aware, occurred while my phone was charging.  I have been reading the Forums on the Apple Support site and have found numerous other users with the same exact issue.  However none of the solutions offered there have worked for me.  Since posting my original question, the screen has turned on twice when receiving an incoming call for approximately 10 seconds both times but then goes back to black screen.  This tells me the screen does still work but there's a "short" or something, somewhere in the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sfmichaelz, making sure your device is in top condition is our goal. You have done allot on your own. What you want to do is place your device in recovery mode. Click this link for placing your device in recovery mode and restoring your phone, http://apple.co/1FLCXBk. Make sure you have a backup copy of your personal information through iTunes or iCloud.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes