Re: My Droid Maxx has been rebooting itself constantly every 1-2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. I have tried starting it in safe mode, but it still resets. It looks like Google Docs is trying to download, but I can't get into the apps to stop the updat
JackJack1234

Was on hold w/ Verizon for an hour last night. Ended up doing a factory reset and everything is working fine now. Never discovered which app was causing the issue, although it seems to be associated with how Motorola interacts with an app(s). The auto backup put everything back on the phone and it's doing fine now.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx has been rebooting itself constantly every 1-2 minutes for the past 1.5 hours. I have tried starting it in safe mode, but it still resets. It looks like Google Docs is trying to download, but I can't get into the apps to stop the updat
faat759

Just got off the phone with a Motorola tech. Turns out the reboot issue was due to a Google update and affected more than just Verizon and Motorola users. They have figured out a work around which requires clearing data and uninstalling all the Google updates from the Google apps downloads, except Google services which requires unclicking Android Manager, clearing the cache and then disabling. They said Google would have a fix in a few days but wasn't sure how we would get it. I did not have any wait on the Verizon helpline and reached a tech right away but the whole process and steps took over 30 minutes on the phone. My phones is working fine now except I am trying to turn off the auto update feature for all my apps.

0 Likes
rossldaniels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received the following fix from Motorola.  So far, so good!

MOTOROLA AND ANDROID PHONES REBOOTING RESOLUTION:

Start your phone and before it can reboot, put it into Airplane mode. (There is generally a short window of time before it reboots.) To put your phone into airplane mode go to your settings icon and airplane mode should be on the top of the list. Change the Airplane mode status from off to on. Once your phone is in Airplane mode it should cease to reboot.

·

If you cannot put the phone in Airplane mode in the time available:

o Remove your SIM card from the phone

o Take your phone out of WiFi range, or turn off your WiFi router if you can do so.

o Then restart the phone and enable Airplane mode.

o NOTE: turning off Wifi and Mobile Data is enough if you can do that -- you can still make and receive calls and SMS messages.

With your Wifi and Data off, your phone will stop rebooting.

Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Services

Select Google Play Services > Uninstall Updates

If the option to uninstall updates is grayed out or not present choose disable, when you choose disable you will be prompted to deactivate a device manager, select deactivate and you should then see the uninstall updates button appear for google play services press uninstall updates

With the update to Google Play Services removed, you can restore data and WiFi connections. I hope this information was helpful. Thank you for choosing Motorola and have a nice day.

Motorola Customer Care

Motorola Technical Support.

Sean

zaxo
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW, THANK YOU! 

My phone has been rebooting ALL DAY, and this fixed it immediately! Took me a while to get the "Uninstall Updates" button active (I had to go to Manage Device Administrators and "Deactivate" all until I finally got it) but I can't tell you how helpful this is! 

Make this Front Page!

0 Likes