Re: A couple answers and a question - What is National Access vs VZAcess?
backmeadows

I concede to Doodle - the Log is useless too.  My Oct -Nov log seems to be what I am being billed for.  But I was not billed for being over in Sept-Oct and I just analyzed that log.  The usage was absolutely ridiculous including over 2G one weekday morning.  I never stream video,etc and the kids were at school. 

Also noticed that the status code for the NationalAccess connections is 1026.  Any idea where to find out what the status code mean?

0 Likes
Re: A couple answers and a question - What is National Access vs VZAcess?
Doodle

I'm sorry my above reply should have read that my text messaging is disabled and only receive text messages from verizon.

0 Likes
Re: My reply from VZW to the BBB.
J_Shook

jimfitgerald: "No, I understand your point.  The Verizon product does not meet your needs so you are complaining to the BBB.  It is up to Verizon to decide what product they want to offer and at what price.  It is up to you to decide to buy it or not buy it.  It's a simple concept actually"

If this were a simple case of "This shirt costs $50, take it or leave it," you would be correct. It's your decision and there's no grounds for complaining that the shirt is too expensive. You made the decision. You have only yourself to blame if you feel you buy it and feel you paid too much, or it was unsatisfactory in some other way you could have determined before buying it.

But the situation here is "This shirt is about $50, but we won't tell you how much it costs exactly until after you have agreed to buy it. The actual price depends on a lot of things over which we say we have no control, and we decide the actual price based on total sales estimates, delayed supply data from our manufacturers and any number of other things. We provide information in several formats for you to anticipate what the price we will ultimately charge you for the shirt will be, but they are all inaccurate, often wildly so. And we know you have no other place to buy shirts."

It isn't a matter of making a bad decision while knowing the complete terms of the agreement and regretting the consequences later. If it were, this would indeed be a "simple concept." I was sold a service and told there would be tools to track my usage so I could stay within my "budget." This was a false representation, since the tools provide are defective, as Verizon itself admits.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you will download and install NetMeter, the usage problem will become a non-issue.  Other than that, I believe the service is great, although a little expensive.

0 Likes
J_Shook

I have SurplusMeter (Macintosh) which I assume is similar. But if my locally-gathered usage data differs from Verizon's, do you think Verizon will accept my version of what my usage really is? From their point of view, why should they? The thing they sold did not include a provision for self-reporting data usage. They sold a thing where they determine data usage, and the false promise that they had tools to track this accurately.

Yes, if I think they are way out of line I will of course report what SurplusMeter says, but I see no incentive for Verizon to honor that information.

I graph my daily usage as reported by Verizon and it is quite hilarious, especially when it goes negative. But I won't be laughing if they claim I have gone over my budget and I know I haven't.

0 Likes
Doodle

J Shook, I called Verizon Monday to get my account credited for the overages. After 7 months of using Verizon suddenly my usage amounts doubled. Since then I have been keeping notes, making screen shots of their usage amounts, etc. I questioned them about the negative usage they told me that I must have written it down wrong. I told them I had screen shots of it. Then he said I'll credit your account now. They claimed I had used 5389MB according to my calculations I used 2715. My amount is more in line with what I was using before they started doubling it.

When the amount first double after many calls to Verizon I was told it was a tower problem. Mulitple lighting strikes I was told. They now tell me the tower has been repaired. Last night my brother and I was coming home in a thunder storm, at the same time we said tower strike. I can see the tower from my window. One night I was standing in the kitchen saw it hit the tower and it shook my house.

My advice to any one using Verizon is to keep good notes and call every month.

0 Likes
unhappycust

ive got unlimited down load, grandfathered in i guess, and in response to that, i get download speeds of double digit kps.  currently 14.4 kps.  im in a g3 area, got good signal no reason to slow me down except to get me to leave.  which i will when i get  a computer that isnt a mac.  it is unfortunate that apple wont get another provider for wireless internet, i would pay more for good reliable service, but i dont think i will get it from verizon.  it is obvious that verizon is a money grubbing corporate juggernaught, the question is how long before it implodes.  an interesting statistic is the average download speed in japan is 60 mps, and in america its less than 2mps.  its because of short-sighted business decisions by companies like verizon who know the customer has to take it or leave it.  they know there are enough people out there who have to take it.

0 Likes
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
In case you didn't already know, if you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan and you exceed 5GB of data, Verizon will slow your speed down to preserve bandwidth.
0 Likes