HTC M8 Windows Phone - time is 15 minutes fast
shadowsfell
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few days ago I noticed the time on my HTC M8 Windows Phone is about 15 minutes fast.   Any idea how I can fix it?   I powered off and back on again, didn't work.   I turned off the setting to automatically set the time, set it manually, then turned it back on, and the time went back to 15 minutes fast.  Thoughts?   Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC M8 Windows Phone - time is 15 minutes fast
shadowsfell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually solved it.   I noticed that all my calendar events showed 15 later than what my Outlook calendar showed, so I went back into the Date/Time settings to look around.

What I did was turn off automatic setting of Time Zone, then set Time Zone manually to Central time, which changed my clock from 11:45AM EDT to 10:30 CDT, correcting the 15-minute time delta.   I then changed the time zone to Eastern time, and it changed my clock to 11:30 EDT.    I then turned on automatic setting of time zone, and my clock stayed at 11:30.

Long story short ... somehow my phone thought I was in a non-existent timezone that was 15 minutes faster than Eastern time.   Weird ... fixed now though.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'd contact support directly via the Contact Us link at the very top right.  Cell phones get there time from the cell towers.

0 Likes
shadowsfell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually solved it.   I noticed that all my calendar events showed 15 later than what my Outlook calendar showed, so I went back into the Date/Time settings to look around.

What I did was turn off automatic setting of Time Zone, then set Time Zone manually to Central time, which changed my clock from 11:45AM EDT to 10:30 CDT, correcting the 15-minute time delta.   I then changed the time zone to Eastern time, and it changed my clock to 11:30 EDT.    I then turned on automatic setting of time zone, and my clock stayed at 11:30.

Long story short ... somehow my phone thought I was in a non-existent timezone that was 15 minutes faster than Eastern time.   Weird ... fixed now though.

0 Likes