startup manager for apps
Av8tor1963

What is the best app that will prevent apps from restarting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: startup manager for apps
Snn5
Legend

There is no way to prevent apps from starting without using unapproved methods for which we cannot speak of here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Av8tor1963

Let's see how we can customize your device experience.  What model phone do you have?  Is there a specific reason you're looking to prevent an application from running or restarting?  Depending on your device model and for certain applications, you may be able to "disable" the application.  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Av8tor1963

LG-VS410PP

Some apps like Music, Google play services, my verizon, keep

autostarting.the reason is to speed up my phone and reduce memory usage &

battery drain

On Monday, August 31, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Music will come and go on its own, Play Services is required, My Verizon can be disabled, but is actually useful.  Android manages memory on its own.  Stopping 5 apps or so will not make much of a difference.  Stopping apps and then auto restarting kills battery and eats more memory.  Task manager apps are ill-advised because of this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They keep auto-starting because you keep killing them.  Let the Android OS manage its own resources. If you don't use the applications, the OS learns to NOT load the application in the background.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.