Re: Backup Assistant Plus not working properly after update I545VRUGOF1
Burns1210

Same problem, what's the solution please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jpgolffedex,

Let's put an end to this issue! What phone model do you have? What specific issues are you having with the Backup Assistant/Verizon Cloud?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's my specific issue, which I think is what most of the people on this thread are experiencing.  I have a Samsung S4.  Backup Assistant Plus used to work but hasn't for a few weeks or a month.  Not sure exactly when mine stopped.  Did get a large software update a few weeks ago.

When a scheduled or manually initiated back up starts, it looks like it is working. Get a message that Sync started Then I get a status message that says Backup Assistant Plus as lost network connection(36). Please try again.

The sync history says Last backup Attempt - Contacts back up: 68

Last Backup - Today, <time of attempt here>, Failed.

I have 4G in my location and can access the internet, so connection was never a problem.  Also tried it at home and same error message, so I'm assuming that the lost connection is on the VZW side, not my side.

If you need any other steps verified, please let me know.

Mike Heyden

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate these valuable details, mikeys7772. Let's keep digging into this. Are you using Backup Assistant Plus to back up contacts only, or photos as well? Do you have the Verizon Cloud app downloaded to your device?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not have the selection to back up photos.  I only have the Sync Contacts option and that is selected.  I do NOT have the Cloud app on my phone.

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

Come on, guys.  We were making progress on this issue.  Please don't abandon us now!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jstremming
Enthusiast - Level 1

The BAP has been replaced by Verizon Cloud... which is messed up, because they've included it on our phones as currently unusable bloatware.

0 Likes
Jstremming
Enthusiast - Level 1

The BAP has been replaced by Verizon Cloud... which is messed up, because they've included it on our phones as currently unusable bloatware.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay in responding mikeys7772. Let's continue to troubleshoot and get your Backup Assistant app up and running. What software version do you have running on your phone? I understand you do not have the Verizon Cloud app installed on your phone. Can you please clarify how you are initiating the contact sync to your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes
mikeys7772
Enthusiast - Level 1

No problem on the delay. It was a long weekend after all.

Need instructions to get you the information you requested.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes