My phone shipped without an apartment number!? What's up Verizon?
mmaureenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG So I only called you four times regarding this order and you couldn't even get my address right? You took my money, though. I'm so very angry right now. I can't even use my current phone which is why I'm posting this. I called FedEx - they said it's your problem. Well, it's actually MY problem because I rearranged my entire day to be here until 4:30 p.m. and now you have my money and I have no phone. So, Verizon, what's up with that?

Labels (1)
Re: My phone shipped without an apartment number!? What's up Verizon?
Snn5
Legend

Verizon is horrendous about apartment, suite, building #s etc....  I used to have to catch the FedEx guy as he paced up and down the block.  He finally figured out that when the packages came to my address that they were for me, and by then, knew my unit #.  Otherwise, it would get left at the complex office.  I too tried many times to rectify the address in My Verizon and over the phone.  Verizon tries to put the unit number on the second line, but it needs to be on the first line to stick.

mmaureenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response. I'm just angry. I can't believe how unprofessional it is to do that to a customer. I seriously need a phone. It's closer for me to go to a Verizon store to pick one up, except I can't even call them to discuss my options. And, of course, Live Chat isn't working, nor do I believe it would be helpful. This totally bites.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Until you get your hands on that package, you cant even go to a store to get a phone.  It's best to wait and scout out for the delivery driver if possible.  That will save hours of headache later, trust us here.

mmaureenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

The delivery driver already marked the package with a "delivery exception". I spoke with FedEx and they said they updated the apartment number and were waiting for a call from the driver to see if it can be redelivered. They also said they would call me back, but since my phone is refusing to stay on, I have no idea whether they will or not. Truthfully, I doubt they will try.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, Verizon DID at least put my ph# in the address info, that's why the driver knew to call me and ask my unit #.

mmaureenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL  My first thought was... you're my phone company and you didn't include my phone number? I don't care anymore. I just wanted to vent and couldn't call them. I'm not sure what's going to happen next since I don't have a working phone and my car had a flat this morning. Jeepers. TGIF

Snn5
Legend

If you have the tracking number, keep an eye on it.

mmaureenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter lives on the East Coast, but she called the FedEx shipping facility for me and they are going to try to redeliver it. When she asked if that meant they would deliver it, they told her they would try and if I didn't have it by 6pm I would know that they weren't coming. Seriously? Can they be a little more vague? Anyway, thanks for helping me through this. Verizon should compensate you for your time since you saved them some aggravation and maybe even a customer. I was ready to go to a different carrier just so I'd have a phone today. I'm not impressed with Verizon's customer service... or should I say, lack thereof. I'll post after 6 with the outcome. Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being without a working phone is unacceptable, mmaureenn. Let's work together to rectify this. Is your phone still missing, or has it been received since you last posted?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes