If my phone is due for an upgrade...
JustT

If my phone is due for an upgrade, do I have to start a whole new 2 year plan? I'm pretty sure my phone is due for an upgrade this month (What does that even mean? Does it do something to the price if you can upgrade?) and I don't want to start a whole new plan because my plan isn't up until April. So, if I upgrade my phone, do I have to start a new plan? I have nationwide Unlimited plan by the way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If my phone is due for an upgrade...
freedomsearcher
Enthusiast - Level 3
your phone is probably eligible for an early upgrade which has a 20 dollar fee, and yes all upgrades require you to sign a new two year contract. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Re: If my phone is due for an upgrade...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

JustT wrote:

If my phone is due for an upgrade, do I have to start a whole new 2 year plan? I'm pretty sure my phone is due for an upgrade this month (What does that even mean? Does it do something to the price if you can upgrade?) and I don't want to start a whole new plan because my plan isn't up until April. So, if I upgrade my phone, do I have to start a new plan? I have nationwide Unlimited plan by the way.

Changing phones/contraxt terms and changing plans are two separate things....though upgrading (getting a new phone at a substantial discount) will extend your contract.  "Starting a new plan" doesn't mean you have to change your plan - you can keep the Nationwide unlimited exactly as it is, your committment would just be extended for two years, if you chose to get a discounted price on a new phone.

Summary - if you are eligible to upgrade your phone, it means you can get a great discount on a new phone, with a committment to keep your contract for two more years from the date you upgrade.  Verizon allows an early upgrade at 20 months into your previous 2 year contract, which is why you are eligible now, rather than April.  Your new contract will expire in December of 2011, and you will be able to upgrade in August of 2011 (20 months from now).

And your contract term has nothing to do with the plan you are on - your plan (minute allowance, texting, data, etc) can be changed at any time. 

Make sense?

0 Likes
Another If my phone is due for an upgrade inquiry...
ksxroads

Formerlly Alltel

Eligible for upgrade on Alltel family plan 2200 which has three lines

Does new 2 yr contract mean I would have to change my Alltel plan to a Verizon plan?

Would like to add an additional phone line as I have done away with landline servie.  Would I be able to add a new phone/line to my current Alltel plan?

Have been unable to get the dang upgrade phone selection to work, so am asking here. 

It appears if I upgrade all three phones at one time I get a better price on a phone.  My son wants the LG Chocolate touch will it require any addtional service fees?  He doesn't want to use it for anything other than basic phone/text & Verizon store rep recommended it as a good phone.

Also I have Alltel Pantech cdma for internet.  When the contract runs out will I have to change to Verizon plan?

Honestly I have had no bad experiences with the transistion. So far I have been pleased with the Verizon service.

Thx

0 Likes