Having to re-activate iPhone 6plus
Msellhausen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a replacement phone three days ago, when I go to work I have a few bad spots in the plant where I lose signal completely. When this happened before, it would eventually kick on to either 1x or no signal but always come back up. Now w the replacement phone..... When I lose signal..... I have to deactivate the iPhone. I don't have wifi at work so I have to go til I get home in the morning or tether to a friends phone while I redo info to get it back up and running...... Any help would be great!!!! Going to a better verizon store in the morning I hope!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having to re-activate iPhone 6plus
Msellhausen
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the tier 2 tech support there was nothing wrong with the phone. Again, the new SIM card SHOULD of taken care of the problem. However upon her wanting to do another reboot and wipe the phone clean, which she agreed not to do cuz it had been done so many times and the issue still existed, she offered to call Apple for tech support. Apple proceeds to tell me, that the phone was previously used as a teaching aid, and was never updated in their files as being sold to Verizon. So, the people at Apple walked thru the phone, sent diagnostics and came to that conclusion. A few strokes on their keyboards and now it worked on Friday for the short time I went back to work to see if I could lose signal and what would happen. It did lose signal, however this time, w no signal I could still actually use the apps or see my home screen. So w a longer than a fifteen minutes shift tonight I'll test it out fully, so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Msellhausen,

Thanks for reaching out to us using the forums. Sorry to hear about any trouble with the phone. That sounds like a major issue to me. Let's see if we can resolve this. Just to be clear, when you say you have to reactivate it, you don't mean you have to power it off and back on, correct? You are having to complete the Apple ID activation again? Keep us posted. Also, let us know what any store employee says. While there, I'd recommend asking them to provide you with a new SIM card.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Msellhausen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have to re enter my email and password. It wouldn't be as simple as a reboot or a reset. The funny thing is that my lock screen and touch lock all stays the same. Tech support asked me to go to my local verizon store for a new SIM card as they couldn't get serial number and SIM card numbers to match the phone???? So in the next 15 minutes I'll try that..... But my faith is kinda lost lately on this problem

0 Likes
Msellhausen
Enthusiast - Level 2

New SIM card did the trick. As soon as she booted up it actually read...... iPhone activated..... Which it hadn't done on the last six attempts to finger it all out.

0 Likes
Msellhausen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well here I am at work w a new sim card, guess what......... it didn't work. Do I go back to the store and request a new phone for the replacement one I received four days ago?????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Msellhausen-

You deserve to have a working phone. We apologize for any trouble you may be experiencing.  What is going on with the phone?  Are you still having the same issue?  Let us help here and save you a trip to the store.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Msellhausen
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the tier 2 tech support there was nothing wrong with the phone. Again, the new SIM card SHOULD of taken care of the problem. However upon her wanting to do another reboot and wipe the phone clean, which she agreed not to do cuz it had been done so many times and the issue still existed, she offered to call Apple for tech support. Apple proceeds to tell me, that the phone was previously used as a teaching aid, and was never updated in their files as being sold to Verizon. So, the people at Apple walked thru the phone, sent diagnostics and came to that conclusion. A few strokes on their keyboards and now it worked on Friday for the short time I went back to work to see if I could lose signal and what would happen. It did lose signal, however this time, w no signal I could still actually use the apps or see my home screen. So w a longer than a fifteen minutes shift tonight I'll test it out fully, so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes