Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1. After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on. Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed? I never had this problem before the u
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

MetsFanGirl,

We want to make sure you have a working device! Save yourself a trip, we can help here.

I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/amberf_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 and we can get started.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1.  After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on.  Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed?  I never had this problem before the u
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

amberf_vzw

The follow requests are in the Inbox and not the Actions link. Please update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: My phone was recently updated to 8.1. After the update, when text messages are sent when my phone is off, I no longer receive when my phone is turned on. Is there something in Settings that needs to be changed? I never had this problem before the u
TonyMast

Please publicly display answer to this. I have same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll be happy to provide you with a public answer to your concerns Tony. Please share the specific wireless issues you are personally experiencing, and include your phone model, software version, and ZIP code. We will only request a direct message if we must access your account to run diagnostics on your phone.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TonyMast

You can respond private if you want, either way is fine for . Lumia 928, Win 8.1 and 10567. When phone is off if someone sends me a text message I don't receive it. This has been testing with my kids Samsung S6 EDGE,my daughters IPhone 6 and wife's IPHONE 5. They sent me text message while phone is off and I never received the text. The Samsung was successful once out of 3 time test. The IPhone's failed each time.  Thanks

0 Likes