Battery dies at work but not at home?
JimmyInTN

My sister's S3 is fully charged when she gets to work, but is dead when she leaves for home. However, when at home, it seems to last all day with no problem. She doesn't have any more/less apps running at work than she does at home. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery dies at work but not at home?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there wifi available at work?  Perhaps the signal is not as strong at work so the phone has to use more battery to seek a signal?

0 Likes
JimmyInTN

She's a teacher. I don't know if they have wifi or not, but she said it's mainly just laying there, so it's not like she's doing a lot of data heavy things with it. I'll have her check though.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have this same problem at work. My building blocks most of the signal, I only occasionally get a usable signal on my phone in my office. As a result, the phone is constantly searching for signal. This is a HUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE drain on the battery. I normally place my phone in airplane mode when I get to work and turn that off when I leave. No problems. I would suggest she try the same.

0 Likes
JimmyInTN

I'll have her look to see if she's got a signal in her classroom. If not, I'll have her just turn it off, or do like you suggest and put it in airplane mode.

0 Likes