Drop in 4G LTE Speeds this week
fallenclocks

I have started to experience drops in 4G LTE speeds in my area. I use speedtest.net to test my internet speed on my phone and I usually have around 8Mbps down and .7Mbsp upload. I now have download speeds of 1.2Mbps and upload speeds of 0.1Mbps. I am wondering if this has something to do with the tower in my area. I tested the speed on different phones and plans and they have the same results that I have. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Note:

I have the same amount of signal as I did before the speed slow down.

I have the same device (other devices also experience this problem though).

Ping is also really bad. I went from ~70ms to ~400ms.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Drop in 4G LTE Speeds this week
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fallenclocks-

I appreciate you being proactive with your 4G speeds as this plans an important role on your phone. What zip code are you in? Does the 4G speed drops at a certain location? What happens if you move to another area? Is it happening indoors/outdoors? Please keep us posted to provide the best resolution.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fallenclocks

I experience the same speed results when I am outside and inside. My zip code is 65625, and when I am in other areas, the speed seems to improve.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fallenclocks-

We understand how important it is to provide you fast speeds.  Let's continue to work together on this issue.  When did you notice the change in speed?  Are you aware of other Verizon users expereincing the same issue?  Any recent changes to your device?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fallenclocks

I noticed the change in speed about a week ago, and I have not made any device changes. We have a phone that is on a separate plan that uses Verizon and it is also experiencing the drop in 4G speeds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to get you back to top speed, fallenclocks. I would like to takea  closer look at how the network is interacting with these devices. I have sent you a Direct Message and will look forward to working with you further.

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PayingCustomer___
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in North Florida and I am experiencing the same problem why are we paying so much for such crappy service , I keep asking myself , thenn I remember , oh yea that's why a Contract !

0 Likes
PayingCustomer___
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing here inside outside doesn't matter. Still been on 3g  32052 is zip code

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with your ZIP Code. We see that coverage is great in your area. Have you tried turning the device off and then back on?

CarleyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PayingCustomer___
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not just one phone is all of our phones and yes I've tried that it

does not work turning off turning back on

On Dec 15, 2015 7:30 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes