Is there a duplicate System Update?
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Approximately a month ago I got a system update notification to upgrade to Android 5.1 Lollipop.  I allowed the upgrade and it completed successfully.

Now (today) I am being asked to upgrade again to 5.1 Lollipop even though my phone lists my Android version as 5.1 already.

I'm hesitant about doing this second update mainly because everything is working well and I don't want to risk causing any problems.

Should I go ahead and update a second time?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicate System Update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The small update was to fix bugs found either too late to be add in the main Android 5.1 update or to fix bugs discovered in the main update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Mark-in-GR
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a slight software update

TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you so much for the reply!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The small update was to fix bugs found either too late to be add in the main Android 5.1 update or to fix bugs discovered in the main update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you!  Too bad they don't tell you as much.  Once you OK installation, you just pray it won't mess up your phone!

Appreciate the replies 🙂

0 Likes