Just switched to iphone 6 and the data usage is off the charts. I have 2 gigs of data and have almost used 5 and still have 11 days left. Obviously something is running in the background that I'm not aware of. Any suggestions? Thanks.
raceme63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just switched to iphone 6 and the data usage is off the charts.  I have 2 gigs of data and have almost used 5 and still have 11 days left.   Obviously something is running in the background that I'm not aware of.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Just switched to iphone 6 and the data usage is off the charts.  I have 2 gigs of data and have almost used 5 and still have 11 days left.   Obviously something is running in the background that I'm not aware of.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
tbo27
Master - Level 2

what's it say under settings and cellular? what's listed as using the data? (the highest  mb or gb)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Just switched to iphone 6 and the data usage is off the charts.  I have 2 gigs of data and have almost used 5 and still have 11 days left.   Obviously something is running in the background that I'm not aware of.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Snn5
Legend

Make sure you turn off Mobile Data when you have wifi.  iPhones, as you might know, revert to Mobile Data during idle periods.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

what's it say under settings and cellular? what's listed as using the data? (the highest  mb or gb)

0 Likes
raceme63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like instagram is the highest!  Just uninstalled.  Hopefully this will fix the problem.

0 Likes
raceme63
Enthusiast - Level 2

This would explain the usage when I'm home and connected to wifi.  Thanks