Re: TERRIBLE service in CHARLOTTE, NC area for the past few months!!!
froboy733

Hi @MichelleS_VZW,

Per my original post in this thread I have already performed that step and many others before coming onto this forum. However, I re-tried the step requested and it still did not improve anything.

Based on the information provided by Spike2k2 and I this issue has been occuring on 3 different devices between the exact same hours of the day in all areas of the Charlotte Metropolitan area. (Even at the Charlotte airport a VERY open area that would not be affected by building interference).

Please provide me the contact information I need to escalate this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand Froboy733 and I appreicate all the troubleshooting steps you have done so far.  To file a trouble ticket with our network engineers, you may reach out to our Techincal Support Team at 1800-922-0204.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sohuffman

Thanks for replying froboy733

I'm currently in my office and the spinning wheel I've grown to hate is rotating at the top of my iPhone once again (and has been for the past hour) *sigh*

This issue started probably almost a year ago, but has grown unbearably worse months ago. As a former VZW employee, I'm pretty sure its not my device. My partner is also having the same issues and we work in completely different areas of Charlotte.

I upgraded to an iPhone 6 back in October 2014. I had an iPhone 5S before that. Had a few issues, but not terrible. I always update my software. I've restarted the phone more times than i can count. The dropped calls aren't my main concern, as I've gotten used to them. I just shake my head and re-dial the number. A lot of them happen indoors or what I'm assuming are "dead spots" and i know the only reply I'm going to get is "we don't guarantee service in buildings...yadda, yadda, yadda". So is it a nuisance? Yes, but I'm not a heavy talker so i push through it.

However, I DO use a lot of data every month and that is the ongoing, ridiculously frustrating issue. Verizon touts their network reliability, but CLEARLY it is at capacity here in Charlotte, NC. My 4G used to be remarkably fast, especially when i came back to Verizon in 2012. If I'm at a huge event (concert, game, etc..), I my phone merely operates as a camera because by the end, the battery will be completely drained from trying to post my photos and status updates to social media. Sometimes if even the mall or a movie theater is extremely crowded, the data connection is sub-par. If i go Uptown Charlotte for lunch during the work week..forget it. 3G or sometimes even 1X! I've seen 1X on my phone so frequently in the last few months, I may as well carry a Motorola T730 (look it up if you don't know). Or maybe we've suddenly gone back to 2002 and I didn't get the memo in a timely fashion. (probably because the network was clogged)

My work zip code is 28208. Home zip is 28214. I'm sure the coverage map will show no issues, but I can assure you there are plenty. Judging by the responses and other threads I've seen, others will agree.

0 Likes
mvcarpenter

I can attest to the truth of these posts! I switched from AT&T to Verizon in 2012 for Verizon's "more advanced" LTE network. Since then, Verizon coverage, speed, and reliability has taken a nosedive in the greater Charlotte area. It just continually gets worse and worse. I'm in the Mooresville area now and if you can get it, LTE speed is a joke. Calls are now breaking up and dropping, and my phone spends more time on 3G than LTE. I've called, chatted, and tweeted with Verizon customer support to no avail. Their solution is to get a network extender, but that doesn't make much sense when the problem is not only inside my home but the entire major metropolitan city where I live! I'll be switching to T-Mobile or even going back to AT&T when the iPhone 6S is available later this year. There's really no point in sticking with Verizon in this area as the network is completely oversold and over capacity.

0 Likes
blueyestarz

I am so glad I came across this post. I am completely livid at the moment just hanging up with Verizon. We have been going round and round with them for weeks about our dropped calls, loss of signal and no service at our house. We live in Charlotte, down by Steele Creek/Carowinds area. Finally today we are told the sudden drop in service is due to foilage blocking our signal. Their solution was for us to spend $250 on a booster. I find it completely disgusting that all of a sudden this area is a known problem area (which the rep from your company admitted to over the phone) and your solution is for your customers to spend more money out of their pockets to fix an issue they didn't create! Completely shady business if you ask me!

0 Likes
sohuffman

Verizon Wireless Customer Support No answer at all to to my reply SMH. Definitely time to seek new wireless service! I hate i even extended my contract and upgraded.TERRIBLE service in CHARLOTTE, NC area for the past few months!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely didn't mean to overlook your previous posting sohuffman. We'll be happy to look into this issue further for you. Since our capabilities are limited via this peer to peer forum, please reach out to us via our live chat or phone support channels so that we can take an in-depth look into the area where you are experiencing issues and get a trouble ticket filed:  http://vz.to/1PVuK1w

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to assist you!

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blueyestarz

So what is the solution when this is obvious an issue across the board?? There are SEVERAL complaints and your upper tech support has even admitted that this is currently a HUGE problem area. The solution that was givennot only to myself but obviously other customers was for use to spend $250 on a mini tower for our residence. However i sit here at work over 30 miles away from my residence and still only have 2 bars of service on my phone and not able to get any apps to pull up. Yet, I have to pay for my data while I wait and wait to see if by any chance I may be able to use an app on my phone. There needs to be a solution to this put into place ASAP, not just giving customers the constant run around about opening support tickets and asking them to spend money out of their pockets to fix an issue that they didn't create!

0 Likes