Ellipsis 8 Rearranges Home Screens On Its Own
RevRandal

Good day

I've been having this issue since I got my Ellipsis 8. I have 3 home screens set up. I want my actual HOME screen to be centered between the other two. This is easily accomplished by long pressing on the home screen, and dragging the correct one to the middle. However, after a while (not sure if there's any sort of pattern to -when- it does this), it moves this screen back to the far left. How can I make this stop?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 Rearranges Home Screens On Its Own
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to personalize your tablet, RevRandal. To clarify some of the information you have provided, if you long press an application and move it to a different home screen, does it also return to the original screen it was on? I know you mentioned you haven't noticed a specific pattern to when this does happen, but is it typically after the tablet has not been in use? Or have you also seen this happen after using an app?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long-press an empty space on a home screen so that you then see smaller versions of the home screens along with Wallpapers, Widgets, and Settings buttons at the bottom of the screen.  Slide the small home screen panels until the one you want as the home screen is visible, then slide it up to Set as Home at the top of the screen.  It'll sort of flash/blink, then the Home icon should be visible on the panel.  Tap anywhere on the screen to exit out.

0 Likes
RevRandal

I know how to set my home screen. The problem is the Ellipsis keeps -relocating- it.

0 Likes
RevRandal

Typically if it hasn't been in use for a while. App icons, when moved, remain where I place them. My issue pertains only to the screens themselves.

Let's say I have 3 screens. We'll call them "1," "2," and "3." I have "1" set has my home screen, and want to keep it center between 2 and 3 (2,1,3). Moving it there is not a problem. Now, if I don't use it for a while (This time has varied from 15 minutes to 2 days), my screens will readjust to 1,2,3.

0 Likes