Re: Time and Date are Wrong after 4.4.2 update and cannot be changed
umi_87

facing same time and date issue...any update aboutthis problme?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that your phone displays the correct time, umi_87. Are you also using the Droid Razr Maxx? Does refreshing the network by powering off and removing/reinserting the SIM display the correct time and date?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
umi_87

I am using Motorola XT-926. System Version is 182.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US. I have tried every possible step like factory reset, powering off and removing/reinserting the SIM, safe mode etc to resolve this issue.

Is there any patch for this "Time and Date" bug?

0 Likes
dkmahan

This bug just hit me! I have a Droid Razr HD Maxx with system version 182.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US. The phone was working fine until two days ago, 6/23/2015. On that date the time is five hours off and the date is May 11, 2015! I deselect automatic time and date, the manual options become available, but when I change the date and time manually it does not change the phone time and date. I have tried everything on all of the posts on this topic and none of them help. I have also tried these steps in safe mode. Do we have a solution after more than a year of posts on this problem? Thanks!

0 Likes
dkmahan

After three days of trying everything with no results, this morning the date and time are correct! I had finally given-up thinking I just needed a new phone and it fixed itself. I'll post another note if it stops working again. I would think that I did something wrong except that the same thing has happened to so many other people.

0 Likes
dkmahan

Not fixed after all! The date and time went back to May 2015 two days later. I tried all of the fixes again including safe mode and clearing the system cache. This time no magic fix on Friday. Does anyone have a solution yet? Time and date do not sync automatically and you cannot set them manually. You can type in the correct date and time, they just do not change the date and time when you select done. Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dkmahan-

Let's get the clock ticking.  Thank you for being pro active and doing some trouble shooting on your own.  Let's take a closer look at your settings.  Please ensure GPS is turned on http://vz.to/1dFQwVi and then power phone off and then on.  Give that a try and keep us posted. 

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dkmahan

Thank you for your suggestion.

However I have already tried this potential fix. I know that the GPS is working because a GPS app on my phone displays the correct time. However the phone clock does not update. I have also tried this in safe mode so I know that the GPS app does not interfere with the phone clock.

Another fix I have tried is to put the phone in airplane mode and then enable WiFi to get the time from the internet. Once again apps on the phone display the correct time when connected to the internet but the phone clock will not update. I have also tried this in safe mode to eliminate possible interference between the apps and the phone clock.

Of course I have also tried having the all of the update options enabled at once, the cell radio, the GPS and the WiFi. Once again phone apps display the correct time but the phone clock does not update and the phone clock will not update manually either.

Thank you for your suggestion. Please let me know if you have other ideas.

Thanks.

[removed]

#yiv2700165964 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

|  |

Time and Date are Wrong after 4.4.2 update and cannot be changed

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in DROID RAZR MAXX - View the full discussionDkmahan-

Let's get the clock ticking.  Thank you for being pro active and doing some trouble shooting on your own.  Let's take a closer look at your settings.  Please ensure GPS is turned on http://vz.to/1dFQwVi and then power phone off and then on.  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in DROID RAZR MAXX by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes