New update
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

There is a new update being pushed out ending in BOE1.  Has anyone received this yet?  I know a lot of people have, but I have been checking the last couple of days and my phone keeps saying that it is up to date.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New update
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's not the lollipop update that everyone is waiting for. It's just security. No major changes, like I said.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, I updated it yesterday. No significant changes in the device. Though I did have to update a bunch of my apps afterwards.

0 Likes
smileyhiker

I couldn’t find instructions online to update my Samsung S5 manually with supposedly new Verizon update tool that just came with this morning’s update to baseband version G900VVRU2BOE1, a minor update over Wi-Fi (my wife got her update last week) and therefore still showing the original version 5.0 lollipop I installed April 2015. So I connected my phone to USB port (3.0 port is faster) and windows new device menu popped up asked if I wanted to explore files, or perhaps run Verizon Update Wizard. I picked Wizard and a bunch of other software including Samsung 4dc809.msi, Microsoft vcredist_x86.exe, and SUABnRSetup.exe (publisher unknown). After all done I ran setup and then logged into phone and ended up with message stating “your device’s current firmware version is not supported to update firmware”. I suppose we need to get one more update to 5.1 or 5.0.2 first, but not really sure and Verizon still preventing further updates on our phones by not giving us most recent version. Ironic that lollipop 5.1.1 was out in April three months and Verizon still has withheld it from us. This is just another example of how companies are taking risks with customers’ devices by not giving them latest updates with improved security and other features in hopes of upgrading them to the next better phone or service.  So Verizon Rep, or anyone who knows, please tell us how to manually get phone to install version update in order to get the even more recent version of Lollipop 5.1.1? See also: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/865308

If you follow this blog to page two you will see a suggested fix possibly by rebooting PC.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/974951#974951  I will try a PC reboot and phone reboot now and see if it works. Funny this is the same exact software update issue but from 2013!!! Thanks Verizon for still not really fixing software update tool.  Nope, rebooting PC and phone did not help. Same message: your device’s current firmware version is not supported to update firmware. Verizon Tech Support where are you? 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the 2nd link is for an s3.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's not the lollipop update that everyone is waiting for. It's just security. No major changes, like I said.

0 Likes
stevieo63

It's July 3rd, and I just did the OTA update.  Took about 10 minutes. I haven't noticed anything new, and the software version has remained the same.  I only needed to update my Pandora and tune-in radio apps.

0 Likes
stevieo63

Addendum

Just saw a new/revamped icon for set up wizard. Not even going to attempt to see what it's all about.

0 Likes