Re: How do I deactivate visual voicemail on my S6?
B33
Legend

Try one of the Following Links:  Hope that Helps..

How do i turn off my visual voicemail?

Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

0 Likes
bananapancake
Enthusiast - Level 2

If its the Basic version that comes with the phone, the only way is to call

them and make them take it of. It will totally reset your VM and delete

any saved messages but it will be gone.

0 Likes
LewR

Today is July 22, 2015. I upgraded from an S3 to an S6 yesterday. Today I came to the realization that I had voice mail that I was somehow missing. Long story, I'll make it short......

After looking for a way to disable Visual Voicemail and not finding one I called Verizon Wireless customer service as someone suggested in this thread.

I did not bother going through all the automated menus, instead I kept pressing zero "0" everytime the robot said something until a live person answered.

I asked her to disable Visual Voicemail and revert my system back to the "old way" of managing voicemail. She easily did this in just a few seconds.

My voicemail is back to the way it was. I get the familiar voicemail icon across the top of the screen, and I can check voicemail the usual way.

Lou

0 Likes
treestar

I was finally able to resolve this issue on my phone. First, when the notification for visual voicemail kept coming up, I finally accepted the agreement and then ended the free trial, to be sure that I was not signed up for the premium visual voice mail. Then, I logged into my Verizon account and went to Block Services under the My Plan & Services drop-down menu.Within the expandable Purchases section were two options related to Visual Voicemail:

Block Premium Visual Voice Mail

Block Visual Voice Mail

At first I chose both, but when I went to save the changes it told me there was a conflict, I couldn't block Premium if regular was also blocked. So, I went back and just checked the box to Block Visual Voice Mail. I did receive a message saying something like "We're sorry, you can't block this because it is enabled with HD Voice calling," but I ignored this and saved the changes anyway. I then tried calling my phone and leaving myself a voicemail and like magic, I received the regular old voicemail notification that calls *86 directly, rather than the Visual Voice Mail notification! Yay!

BUT, I tried to do the same exact thing with my husband's phone, and "Block Visual Voice Mail" is not listed as an option on the Block Services page! My only thought is maybe he never opted out of the free trial for Premium, so I am going to do that on his phone later and then try blocking it again.

0 Likes