Re: Tomorrow For Droid Turbo Owner is your Day..
Tidbits
Legend

This one is pretty so far. Nothing major for me to complain about. My only first world problem is I had to go into settings-security-trust clients(I think) and turn on smart lock in order to use it.

Snn5
Legend

That's great...because apparently some Turbo owners NEED this update, and NEED it to be near perfect.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Well so far so good...  Honestly no matter how many devices I have seen updated to 5.1.X I still don't see the hoopla about it from a consumer standpoint.  Majority of the changes affect developers more than it does consumers, but of course that's just my opinion.

Snn5
Legend

I saw some noticeable performance improvements with 5.0.2 on the 32 bit VS980 G2 and I think even 1GB RAM Snapdragon 400 series 32 bit CPUs (like prepaid lower/mid-range phones) would benefit from LP as well.  LG's UI isn't my favorite especially with LP, but I considered 5.0.2 an upgrade in as far as updates go.

Tidbits
Legend

LG actually thinned out their UI and that's the main reason for the performance increase.  G2 has 2GB of ram I believe.  I had one from SK(Korea).

Snn5
Legend

Yeah, the G2 as 2GB RAM.  I think that the RAM management in LP might also contribute to better performance which might help 1GB RAM phones which get the update.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Its Live It's Live.. The Update 5.1 is Now Available for the Droid Turbo.. check it out Via this Link.! b33

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/01/android-5-1-lollipop-update-for-droid-turbo-now-live/

Snn5
Legend

Easy big guy, best prepare for the onslaught of complaint posts...EVEN IF there is really no issue.

0 Likes
killodrum
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad you guys finally got your lollipop update.  Now perhaps we can finally stop discussing, errrr... complaining about it - you can go install it, and hopefully your life will now be complete!

If it operates cleanly on the phone, you should be thankful and grateful the time was taken to test and release it properly, and just admit you were wrong to complain all this time.  And if it doesn't run smoothly, many of us don't want to hear about it because KitKat runs fantastically on the turbo (assuming you remove many of the default apps that come pre installed) and you've been screaming for lollipop all this time...you finally got what you wanted...but my guess is there is still no pleasing you; one person on this forum in particular...you know who you are  Smiley Happy

Enjoy.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I didn't get it,  just posted what my eyes see my phones like what there currently on like a pup dog and it's ole bone there Happy as Lark..