Re: When will the Google (HTC) Nexus 9 lte be available?
Ss12108
Enthusiast - Level 3

That would be helpful, thank you. Never happened on my Nexus 6 so I wasn't sure why it started happening on the 9.

Tidbits
Legend

No Sim Card - Emergency Calls Only Error on … | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

In there there are a couple people on AT&T saying the same thing.

Google Groups

This is for the Nexus 4 on 5.1.  Some of the fixes worked for some and not others.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I am positive the APN was set because the tech thought that meant it would work.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

This device works on other carriers no problem. It is definitely a Verizon issue. I have been struggling with Verizon on this for months and have invested many hours in stores and on phone with the corporate troubleshooting techs to no avail.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not to be argumentative tidbits, but blaming Google on this issue is simply wrong. Verizon has never been defensive about the problem not being on their end, ever.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kirbywade Read the links dude.  It doesn't always work on other carriers no problem.  There are more than these instances but I don't want to flood a post with every link out there.  It's a GOOGLE PRODUCT and that's why it's on them to fix the problem.  As shown it affected the Nexus 4, 5, 6, and 9 on various carriers.

0 Likes
kirbywade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

0 Likes
CCilker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a month of emails with Google tech support and the best they can tell me is that it's a problem with the Verizon coding of the sim card.

I've also spent time on the phone and by email with Verizon customer service.  They say the IMEI is good but they can't seem to make it work.  I initiated a conversation with the office of the Verizon Wireless VP on this.  There were promises of a call from a Verizon tech two weeks ago and nothing has happened even after repeated requests.  Verizon has gone silent on this.

I don't know who to believe but it appears to me to be Verizon's problem.

Tidbits
Legend

Then the Nexus 6 would have the same problem... Nexus 7 as well. Some food for thought as they all use the same code for the sim cards.

0 Likes
CCilker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not familiar with how these work but I don't understand the connection. Why would other Nexus  devices have the same problem as the Nexus 9? They have different architecture, different processors, different IMEI numbers so why would they all fail with the same Sim card?