Last night between about midnight and 6am, while I was sleeping, my phone suddenly downloaded over 4.5 GB of stuff. My normal data usage is only about 500-700 MB per month! Any ideas why a phone would suddenly start downloading stuff on its own?
LorieH

Last night between about midnight and 6am, while I was sleeping, my phone suddenly downloaded over 4.5 GB of stuff.  My normal data usage is only about 500-700 MB per month!  Any ideas why a phone would suddenly start downloading stuff on its own?

0 Likes
Re: Last night between about midnight and 6am, while I was sleeping, my phone suddenly downloaded over 4.5 GB of stuff. My normal data usage is only about 500-700 MB per month! Any ideas why a phone would suddenly start downloading stuff on its own?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LorieH,

Yikes that is definitely a lot of information that was downloaded to your phone. I want to make sure that we help solve this mystery to help avoid it in the future.  Have you made any changes to your phone recently? Added any new emails?

Check out our Data Utilization Tool that will provide youdetailed information regarding your data usage http://vz.to/18UV0FV .

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Last night between about midnight and 6am, while I was sleeping, my phone suddenly downloaded over 4.5 GB of stuff. My normal data usage is only about 500-700 MB per month! Any ideas why a phone would suddenly start downloading stuff on its own?
bearone21
Legend

90 minutes on a web page left open will use 3gig.

B33
Legend

A Good Suggestion unless you need you phone in the morning Hours is to Shut it Down = OFF that is what I do with my Phones..

0 Likes