When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
rwdxyz24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm tired of the flaws of 5.0 and need a change.  Why is Verizon so slow at updating the S5 to 5.1 when so many other phones and service providers have it?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rwdxyz24,

I'm great to see that you are interested in the Lollipop software upgrade. As much as I wish we had more information, no definite date for that update.  But you can check this link for updates when they become available: http://vz.to/1Isp89s

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When can we expect a Lollipop 5.1 update? Or do we have to wait for Android M to come out? Will Android M even be available for the S5?
bearone21
Legend

the last droidguy info letter said the s5 won't get 5.1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rwdxyz24,

I'm great to see that you are interested in the Lollipop software upgrade. As much as I wish we had more information, no definite date for that update.  But you can check this link for updates when they become available: http://vz.to/1Isp89s

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mach3law
Enthusiast - Level 1

This link doesn't show anything other than the last update which was in the beginning of August.  It is now October and I know other carriers got the 5.1 upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S5 so am curious on when we will get it?  My corporate connection can not be made without this upgrade and I am starting to think that going to another phone or even provider will be faster and better.  Is there anything that Verizon can tell us than to look at a website that hasn't changed?

ME_Elocin
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon doesn't care about existing customers. They've already got us on the hook.  They are looking at new customers, focusing on existing 5.1.1 or Marshmellow installations on newer devices.

The only way they will start to pay attention is when a mass number of S5 users jump ship and I mean leave Verizon Wireless altogether. 

I am seriously considering moving to a different provider.  T-Mobile seems to be on the forefront when it comes to US upgrades of Android OS's.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ME.Elocin I'm sad to learn you are thinking of leaving us. I understand you want the update. At this time I don't have any information to share. However, you can sign up for email alerts to be one of the first to find out when it is. http://bit.ly/1j2JFsG
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cuvee
Enthusiast - Level 1

If we are not getting the update, at least give us guidance on upgrading our phones. I have over a year remaining, and if verizon were to allow me to update now to the s6 I'd just do that and be happy. Tying out hands is not good PR. How about a little transparency and flexibility on this?

0 Likes
GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want my S5 update!!!!

I don't believe that mo one at Verizon knows.

We should dump Verizon!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your phone up to date is always key GregR1. We always want your phone running at its best. We wouldn't want to see you think about another carrier. Although we don't have a release date yet, as soon as it is available, it will be pushed to your phone. You can also stay up to date with updates here: http://vz.to/1GKIbN0.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GregR1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your response has no value to me.

0 Likes