I updated My Verizon Mobile and now my battery won't charge
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated My Verizon Mobile last night and ever since the Support and Protection app has been sucking my battery.  I've had my phone plugged in for over two hours and it won't get passed 84% charge.

I just uninstalled the updates for Support and Protection, taking it back to the factory installed version to see if that helps.

If anyone has any ideas, I could really use some assistance.  It's driving me nuts that I can't get my phone to charge.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I updated My Verizon Mobile and now my battery won't charge
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to my Verizon store.  I needed a new charger.  Thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Quick Update:  That does seem to have fixed it as it finally hit 87% while running a virus scan but I'd still like to know if that was it or if I just put myself at risk for downgrading the Support and Protection App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cutepanda86,

I appreciate you updating your post and progress with your troubleshooting about your battery concerns.  With what you have descried it does appear that was the culprit in causing the battery issues. One thing you can try to double check is to install our Verizon protection again to see if it happens and if so, place phone in safe mode:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-59242/ Then test to see if it gets any better.

Once done testing, you may take out of safe mode and keep us posted to the outcome.

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

TakendraW_VZW,

I put the phone in safe mode after uninstalling and reinstalling the Support and Protection App.  It charges but it's incredibly slow (in safe mode), i.e. 1% in 30 minutes.

Out of safe mode, I'm getting 0% in 30 minutes.  This would seem to indicate an issue as teh Battery section is claiming that Support and Protection is using 47% of my battery.  However there seems to be other problems here.

I went into the RAM Manager and cleared the RAM.  It said I had 26 applications open.  However, having checked the Active Applications sections beforehand, it said 0.  How can this be?  I don't have anything open.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Amanda D,

Thanks for the info! If you uninstall the Support and Protection app does the issue continue? If removing the app helps resolve this concern, this may be the culprit for the battery charging issues.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to my Verizon store.  I needed a new charger.  Thanks for trying to help!

0 Likes