Don't receive group text messages
BT5350

I can receive individual text messages from everyone but if I'm included in a group text I don't receive anything.  To clarify, I sent a group text yesterday to 4 other people.  They all received my text but I received none of the responses.  I have group messaging, mms, sms, and imessage all enabled.  What else can I try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Don't receive group text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BT5350, the last thing we want is your friends and family to think you are ignoring them. Let's take a look at what is going on to see how we can help. Just a few questions to get more background information.

Are they of  mixed operating system that are in the group message? ( Some messages are SMS and some are iMessages?) Were you able to send/receive messages before in a group with no issues? How long has this been happening?  Please share.

In the meantime, we have had great success in clearing the phone’s messaging memory too. Please try these steps below:

Deleting the iMessage hidden cache from the iTunes backup the restore your iPhone from this backup
1- Backup your phone to iTunes,
2- Download and run a program called iBackupBot ( it allows you to explore iTunes backup on your computer).
3- While inside the program go to : iPhone > system files > Media domain > Library > SMS > attachment ..... the folders inside the attachment folder are the pictures you have sent and received . Delete all of them.
4- Go to iTunes and restore your iPhone . "Restore Backup."
5- After restoring your phone, go to iCloud and delete the iPhone back up and make a new back up. this will remove the iMessages cache from iCloud too.

Keep us posted!

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BT5350

I tried these steps and the group messaging still does not work if one of the recipients is an android user.  I contacted Apple and went through a number of steps with them.  They determined that this was an SMS problem on my carriers end.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for updating me on the status and the steps you have already taken! Have you tested the functionality with iMessage turned off?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes