Re: port number to new provider
Snn5
Legend

I know, its a hassle, but why not just get a new number if you want Verizon that bad?

0 Likes
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Too many people have the number to try and work in a new one. Verizon has us by the - you know what.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, you might be in a tough spot then.  You want to keep it for obvious reasons but Republic won't let you.  I think it has to do with area code.  My area with NO Republic coverage cannot transfer with my area code, however, a North Carolina area code, where Republic is HUGE, is able to port.

0 Likes
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Republic can give me a local number, IF I want a new one, they claim that Verizon will NOT release the number.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I don't think it is Verizon necessarily, I really do believe it is limited to numbers with area codes for their coverage area.  Those smaller MVNO carriers are really restrictive.

0 Likes
DonnaNolanWilson
Enthusiast - Level 2

No matter, if I can't port it we'll start anew and Verizon can go suck money off someone else and hopefully we can get the new number to everyone on our list. Life's too short to stress it but VERIZON SUCKS.

Snn5
Legend

Best wishes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm bummed to see you're considering leaving us, DonnaNolanWilson. If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend reaching out to our Prepay Team by dialing 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone to discuss any money saving opportunities or to see if there are restrictions on your account. Our community friend SNN does have an excellent point that ports may be restricted if the carrier you are porting to does not have a license to provide coverage for the area code and prefix of your mobile number. With Verizon's reliable coverage you can port a number into Verizon Wireless almost anywhere but the same usually doesn't hold true for smaller carriers. 

JenniferH_VZW 

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

This comment shows how reps don't pay attention. I'm not throwing shade against snn5 but my comments before his showed how their could be limitations. I now see how people get frustrated when reps give unnecessary or pointless comments on forum questions.