Re: Ellipsis 7 won't boot past the "Powered by Android" screen.
BenWig
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having same problem.  Did upgrade and now can't do anything with the tablet, can't even turn it off.  Hold power button long enough and I get the "powered by android" screen, but then back to the blank dark grey screen.  Same thing happens when I do a hard reboot.  Called tech support and they won't admit that there is anything wrong with the upgrade.  He went so far as to say there is nothing out on the forum regarding this.  WTF?  They are sending me a return kit to put it in so I can ship it to them to fix it.  Not holding my breath.

astroman90
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is utterly ridiculous. Every thread that even GETS a response from Verizon gets pretty much the same by-the-book tech response... Telling folks to power down an do an "alternative reset"-- WHICH OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT WORK!

I'm getting rather tired of the platitudes from Verizon Techs who won't even acknowledge the problem. They just throw pretty much the same canned response to each post. If they do not plan to offer any real solutions, it may be time to find another carrier, as they are certainly NOT the only game in town in my neck of the woods.

This whole KitKat thing is a bad joke. I wonder if anyone at Verizon will ever own up to this farce.

carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. If your device is stuck on Powered by Android, please call Customer Support at 1-800-922-0204.

This device behavior is unexpected unless the software on the device has been independently modified. Devices sent for repair will be examined for more information.

0 Likes
mtec
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have called 3 times and been told a box is being sent out to my house, but no one can provide a tracking number or tell me when I will get it.  They even tried cancelling and resending and still another week and no box.  I am now 3 weeks without my tablet since I went into the verizon store and setup a repair and still no info.  I think Verizon needs to see a class action lawsuit here.   Delete my comment if it pleases you but or do the right thing and fix my freakin tablet!!!!  Yes my account is not active because I can't use my tablet, so im not paying for a service I can't even use.  Your theory of independently modified is complete rubbish.  I have not modified my tablet nor do I plan to.  And teach your customer service some manners.  I was cold connected to 7 different people during one call to that stupid number you keep giving me and one guy even told me to go to verizon store and just hung up!!!!!  No have a good day or anything just "click".  Every department says that its another department who deals with prepaid and you end up transferred back and forth to sales and tech support and finally told to go to the store again who also has been no help.

kellyntiff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just did the latest update and same issue as everyone else on here. Can't get past the powered by android screen.

Teddymoney469
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cannot get powered up....tried all the tricks...power for 20 sec...then 2-3 sec....power and volume down simultaneously....????

0 Likes
Teddymoney469
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any answer/solution to this issue?

0 Likes
Kibadawolf93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have replied to the email that was sent to me Teddymoney469. To quote the email:

I would be happy to help. [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . So I will go off what knowledge I have [removed]. By chance is this even making it to the Verizon Boot screen? I see looking over the the thread you have tried a few different things. When you hold down power and the volume down button what happens exactly? It sounds like you are trying to get to the boot screen, by doing so you would be able to access the factory reset input. You would want to check for error messages, generally in red text. If you get an error regarding the recovery you would want to chat on in. We can then get a better idea of what is going on. Chances are this is an operating system issue that will need to be replaced with a Certified Like New Replacement. If you can get back to me with what happens that would be great! Also try volume up + Power as well. I know that this will be the best way to get the error information if the system is reporting any. I have done some resets on my personal devices as well as friends devices.

Andrew

0 Likes
nateer47

Mine wont do any thing it stuck on verizion screen for good and no verizon tech or any one will help me fix it so what kinda company is this

0 Likes