issues after lollipop update
dieselinblood
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I updated my note 3 to lollipop andon't after I was having issues with maintaining reception in areas that I know have 3g or 4g. So figuring it was the phone I did a factory reset, did not fix the issue. So I was due for an upgrade so I got a note 4. And noticed this morning that I had a little x and no bars of service. Restarted the phone and then I had 3 bars of 4G. Is this a setting issue on my side? I assume maybe it is a power saving feature that controls how often it updates what service is available. However, I am getting voice mails and the phone never raNg. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nick

Re: issues after lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Uh oh! Let's get to the bottom of this for you. The low signal or no service is what is contributing to the call going direct to voicemail. What zip code is this happening in? Any additional details will help.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
dieselinblood
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has happened in multiple locations on both phone on my note 3 scriba,

ny. Orwell ny (network extender) richland ny. Also at the Same time other

verizon device (not updated) were functioning properly.the new note 4 has

only done it twice sense Thursday when I got it. Once on my network

extender in orwell and once in Skaneateles. Both times a restart brought it

back and at the same time my LG tablet maintained service.

Thanks

Nick

On May 25, 2015 1:01 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We're here to help get this cleared up diselinblood! Let's figure out what is going on with the service. In order to take a closer look we will need to gather some additional information. We are only able to do this in a Private Message, so be on the lookout for that, as I will send one to you directly. Thanks!

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's a common problem for many people that have upgraded to lollipop on Verizon. My note 4 has had terrible signal issues since the lollipop ota which weren't present in kitkat. Nothing else has changed otherwise. Location or equipment. Everyone gets the same reply from Verizon. Where is it happening? Indoors or outdoors? When did it start? Did you do a factory reset? Did you reset your Sim card? Is your voice or texting affected? Always more questions and never any solutions or fixes. I understand trying to troubleshoot the issue. But when you ask everyone the same questions and NEVER have an answer, it's a bit ridiculous Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rckt82, It's important to us that you have a working phone! We like to do all we can to help. Can you please confirm the current software that you have loaded? Here's a link to the Samsung Note 4 Software Repair Assistant http://spr.ly/6582Cv9r This is a tool will address device concerns  in relation to the software on the device. It will automatically attempt to back up your data, install the most recent version of manufacturer-approved software and restore your data on the device. Additional benefits, instructions and specifications are outlined in the link provided. I'm confident this process will be helpful in resolving your concerns.
TanishaS_VZW
0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_2015-05-25-20-01-33-1.pngVerizon Wireless Customer Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rckt82-
Thanks for that screenshot! Your software is up to date so that is good news. Have you tried the Software Repair Assistant at  http://spr.ly/6582Cv9r T to see how your signal and device issues improve? Please keep us posted.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would this process be  anymore successful than a factory data reset that I have already tried?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hey there rckt82,

This process would help to make sure that the update has been downloaded and installed successfully. Another option to try if you still have these issues would be another factory reset but do not restore any applications or data. Once done, check the areas for any difference in connection.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes