Has anyone else been burning through data at an alarming rate????
Shaandroid

For the last 3 months my data has been running out at least 2 weeks prior to my renewal date....I haven't done anything different. I'm not using any new sites. I use wifi whenever I can especially when I'm at home. I have disable ALL my notifications including email. I have also disable all background data from sites like instagram & facebook & I'm still running out & being forced to increase my data package OR pay $15 per gb. The only response I get from CS is maybe I'm doing something different or watching too many videos on my phone (WHICH I'M NOT). I'm going to complain to BBB because I originally was upset that I lost my unlimited data plan because I renewed my 2 year contract last year & now I feel like I'm being forced to pay for data that I'm not using. I'm on a shared plan but the other user is barely using 1 gb a month & I'm being told that I'm using 9gb....I don't believe anything their telling me. Then I was told to download advanced task killer to help....this is OUTRAGEOUS and is NO WAY to treat loyal customers who have been with the company for so long. I mean it's bad enough that the price slowly increases (including with their fios services) but every single month I feel like I'm being BS'd

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else been burning through data at an alarming rate????
Klue
Master - Level 1

Look into your settings and find out what app is using the most data. I went through a gig and a half in only 2 days and found out it was the "Unified Daemon App that was using it all, so I turned off its background data usage ability and now my data usage is back to normal.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should also turn off your cellular service while connected to Wi-Fi. That way if your Wi-Fi drops out for a moment it won't pick it up where it left off on your cellular service and data plan. Also make sure your apps aren't automatically updating on their own, like games. Make sure you update them while on Wi-Fi to avoid any unnecessary data usage.

0 Likes
Shaandroid

thanks....I actually turned off the automatic update function, but will

make sure my cellular service is off when I'm connected to wifi.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

First make sure your settings are set similar to this:Screenshot_2015-05-27-14-30-56.png

Secondly, you lose that unlimited plan when taking on a subsidized priced 2 year contract phone since you have to renew a plan...an available and currently offered plan, at the time you upgrade.  You could keep unlimited data when you either do not upgrade, activate another Verizon phone or pay full retail for a Verizon phone.  that's a customer choice though.  However, I understand that high data use might be abnormal for your account.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Shaandroid wrote:

thanks....I actually turned off the automatic update function, but will

make sure my cellular service is off when I'm connected to wifi.

will you still receive phone calls though if you do this?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Cellular calls are still available with mobile data off.  Only time they dont come in and go out is when airplane mode is on.

AZSALUKI
Legend

i was unsure what they meant since they say "will make sure cellular service is off."