service rep lied
zebra1979

My old Iphone 4 was dying so I went to the store to get an upgrade.  The service rep said 1) my data usage was low and therefore I could decrease my contract data and have a lower monthly bill 2) the phone cost me nothing 3) my overall bill would decrease by $30.  Upon watching 2 new bills come thru, my data usage is causing my bill to be $40 a month more and the phone costs me $30 a month itself.  I called Service to ask how they would rectify this and they told me to deal with the store.  When I requested a 3-way call with the store, the store said they were too busy to talk to us and they would call me at another time.  How do I get my bill to be in-line with what I expected it to be and what I was told it would be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: service rep lied
Weth
Legend

How much data are you signed up for and how much are you using?

You probably went from the 3G iPhone 4 to an 4G LTE device, iPhone 5 or later. Since LTE is so much faster, you end up consuming more data doing the "same things". This has been shown to be 2 to 2.5 times the amount one used on 3G on average.

Tidbits
Legend

3G iPhone using Netflix for example will use roughly 200mb while a 4G iPhone will use 800mb watching the same movie. You may think you are doing the same thing, but the better the phone and the faster your connection some applications will do more than it used to.

0 Likes
zebra1979

interesting b/c I asked the service rep about this several times and he said that it was irrelevant - I feel like he just tried to sell a plan and lied about the contract just so he could sell it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We certainly wouldn't ever want to deceive customers as that is not god for business. As the group members have mentioned using a 4g device can use more data because of the speed at which data being used. Our plans are at a set rate depending on how many lines, what type of phones, and how many GB you have. If you have any discounts, you can take that into consideration, also. Please share your plan details.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
zebra1979

my old plan was unlimited data and texts and 1600 minutes (I think) of talking - I was paying $135/month all in.  Now, with the service rep selling me a "lower amount", I'm at 6 GBs and unlimited everything else and have been jacked up to $170/month.  I feel like I've been had.  Oh, and when I called the store yesterday to talk to someone per the 1-800...they took my information down to call me back, but of course haven't done that yet!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You need to let us know what else is on your bill you are paying for. $170 for 6 GB and 1 line is way more than it should be:

6GB $70

smartphone access $40

$110 plus taxes - how are you getting up to $170?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
zebra1979,

We appreciate the plan details information! Our sincerest apologies that you didn’t get a call back as promised but we are here to help today! As we continue to figure out what is going, Weth had a great point. Something else may be going on that we would want to look at.

We want to make sure your privacy is number one, we will reach out to you to get further information from you. 

Thank You

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Weth, thanks for helping us support our customers with information regarding how our More Everything plans are billed for one line on the 6 GB allowance. For more information regarding the pricing of our plans, click  http://vz.to/1xQNtAh

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
zebra1979

I don't need an explanation.  The store finally called back after waiting 2 days...it was ironic that the phone connection they called me on was so bad they had to call me back.  The sales rep spent 60 minutes on the phone with me trying to explain his rationale for the recommendations he made.  He let me talk for about 5 of those minutes.  I took notes throughout the call...here are the best statements he made - "we recommend you buy a larger plan now", "I'd feel the same way you did", "I sold you what you needed", "I'm surprised myself after looking at your history", "you used to use 1 gallon of gas a month and now you're driving to the moon every month", "what do you think I can do"...he then said he would call me back after talking to his manager 2 days ago and that hasn't happened.  Do you think you have a problem with this store specifically selling inappropriate product?  Is this something that needs to get reported to an Attorney General or something?  I've never been treated like this by a company.

0 Likes