Is there a way to send the contact list from my basic phone to the Verizon Messages app on my tablet?
daniel1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Convoy flip phone. I recently installed the Verizon Messages app on my iPad Air, since it's a pain in the neck to type texts on the phone. With the app on my tablet, I can easily send (and receive) texts. But is there a way to sync or send the contact list (phone book) from my flip phone to the Verizon Messages app on my tablet? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to send the contact list from my flip phone to the Verizon Messages app on my tablet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi daniel1948,

Thanks for using our forums! While there are ways to get contacts from your phone onto your tablet, the Convoy series of phones is not capable of syncing directly with the Verizon Messages service. It is capable of using the Backup Assistant service. You'll find this option under Contacts in the menu. Once you have backed up the contacts, you can use your online My Verizon account to export contacts to either a Google or iCloud account, which would allow you to access them from your iPad at a later time via sync. Here's a link with some useful information on how to use the Backup Assistant service.

http://vz.to/1GWVASh

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to send the contact list from my flip phone to the Verizon Messages app on my tablet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi daniel1948,

Thanks for using our forums! While there are ways to get contacts from your phone onto your tablet, the Convoy series of phones is not capable of syncing directly with the Verizon Messages service. It is capable of using the Backup Assistant service. You'll find this option under Contacts in the menu. Once you have backed up the contacts, you can use your online My Verizon account to export contacts to either a Google or iCloud account, which would allow you to access them from your iPad at a later time via sync. Here's a link with some useful information on how to use the Backup Assistant service.

http://vz.to/1GWVASh

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
daniel1948
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the Verizon web site I added cloud storage to my account. I then waited 15 minutes because it said changes might take that long to take effect. On the flip phone I then went to Backup Assistant, and after a moment to connect, it said:

"BROWSE & DOWNLOAD Upgrade Check is not available."

I did, however, finally find the Contacts app on my tablet (expecting never to use it, I had put it inside a folder I use to get apps I never use out of the way) so I guess I'll just enter my contacts there by hand.

0 Likes