Re: What is Unified Daemon(EUR) Process?
theladydi

I was on hold for over an hour after being ‘escalated up’ to get some cash back for the extra data they used, so this has not been resolved. Prior to being escalated, they researched the issue and showed me how to get it off my phone. If you go to the “settings” on your phone at the top and go to ‘More” then “application manager” the scroll over to the “Running” column and scroll down till you see the Unified Daemon, tap it, then tap ‘stop’. Then go back to the ‘downloaded’ column and find UD again, tap “clear data” and if you see an ‘uninstall’ option, tap that. I’d go back and repeat to make sure it’s gone! I hope I remembered that correctly.

Diane

0 Likes
dstoroy

It is a weather clock service. It is the same for any weather service that you use on your phone (yahoo, google, accuweather, ect...) The data usage depends on your phone searching for update on the app.

0 Likes
taz2006
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Unified Daemon is Unified Daemon application for Weather, Stock , News app.

It shows the total data usage from ‘Accuweather.com’ and ‘Yahoo Finance and Yahoo News’,

and the data is requested by Alarm / Desk Clock / S Planner / Camera / Briefing app.

Data usage will be different according to setting of each user.

For example, data usage depends on how many you set the city in Weather app, how many you set the

Stock or Category in Yahoo finance and news.

If you want to reduce data usage by those apps, Set the suitable refreshing period (None/1h/3h/6h/12h) in

setting of each application because refreshing needs additional data usage.

0 Likes
RobJob9999

I had 2GB of data used by this B.S. program yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Feb 0GB

Mar .05GB

Apr .09GB

May .1GB

June 3, 2014 @ 4:15AM PST: 1.94GB 

WTF is going on????  I haven't changed or downloaded any Weather, Stock, News App's etc. as my phone has been running fine with less than 1GB TOTAL of monthly data use up until this.  I was NOT able to remove Unified Daemon(EUR), however, I did turn it off.  I don't need to see weather, stock, news or whatever is "sucking off my data" bad enough to use 2GB of data when I have not changed any settings or downloaded any new apps in well over 2 months.

Go to SETTINGS

Device Column

Application Manager

Go to the RUNNING column

find Unified Daemon(EUR) and tap to open

Tap CLEAR DATA

Tap TURN OFF

RESTART phone

Go to SETTINGS

Device Column

Application Manager

Go to the TURNED OFF column 

Ensure Unified Daemon(EUR) is turned off with 0.00GB being used

0 Likes
Barb322

Thank you for the information.  You were a big help. I have turned it off after being referred to Samsung.  Samsung tech tried to help, but finally said it was the carrier.  Very annoying.  I only buy 1 G, because I don't use that much data as a rule, so I was surprised to see such a rapid increase. 

0 Likes
mothestooge

When my alarm goes off it will freeze and I can't shut off my alarm. I have to wait for it to go into snooze and it will say the "unified daemon has stopped" it is getting really annoying.

0 Likes