Galaxy S6 Edge exchange question
artjr

I purchased the S6 Edge 64 gig model. I would like to exchange it for the 128 GIG model. I have till 5/12/2015 to do this. However, there are no 128 GIG in stock at the stores. How would I go about exchanging it? Can they order it then once it is received at the store I can exchange it then?

Thank You

Art

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge exchange question
Snn5
Legend

Did you buy in-store or online?  That would be the first question.  If you bought in a corporate store then you can return the current phone, pay the $35 restocking fee and pay the extra $100.  If not in stock, things get messy as to order a phone you have to pay for a phone, but you already have one, and you can't get another at reduced cost unless you get another line, unless they allow you to order one and not activate it until your return the phone you have at the time you pick up the newer one...IF it comes in BEFORE 5/12/15.  On-line?  Now you have to send back the current phone in a similar fashion, while either waiting on the replacement or being charged ahead of time, but this takes as long as in-store sometimes.  If you bought from a 3rd party retailer, it's up to their rules.  Of course you could just hold onto the one you have and buy a 64GB card from $30-$150 at Best Buy.  That would save a restocking fee+$100+tax.  You could save A LOT of hassle and avoid potential frustration with billing, orders, wait times, etc....and save $100 at the same time.

0 Likes
artjr

Yeah I purchased it at a retail verizon store.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I say give it a shot, what you got to lose right?  Head up there first thing tomorrow to stay ahead of the game.

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

Memory in the s6 is not expandable. You cannot use a bigger sd card. No sd slot. I could be wrong. Pls verify It.

artjr

Yes ur correct. Thank you.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You're right!!!!  I was thinking about the hidden SIM slot.  OP should rush to the store in the immediate AM to work out an exchange and pay the restock and cost difference.  Sooner the better.

greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

I am still trying to get used to the fact that the s6 has no sd card. You are right snn, he needs to act fast on this one, or it can get messy with the exchange.