Re: Hidden messages on LG VS920
txlucas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Main_Settings 1.jpg

Original screen showing 2 new messages.

Main_Settings 2.jpg

Click the button to bring up settings

Main_Settings 3.jpg

From the settings menu, scroll down to Apps.

Main_Settings 4.jpg

Only Messenger app in any of the columns is the Facebook Messenger app.  Other messenger app nowhere to be found.

Main_Settings 5.jpg

Details showing this is facebook's messenger.

0 Likes
txlucas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can also get to an apps menu from the play store.

Play_store 1.jpg

It also only shows Facebook's messenger.

Play_store 2.jpg

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Perfect. This helps. You are looking in the wrong spot and at the wrong app. Messenger is you Facebook Messenger not your texting. Go to the same place and where it says Downloaded. On SD Card, Running...there is another option. You have to slide that from the right to the left and you should see All. Then look for Messaging and clear the data.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Messenger is Facebook Messenger, not text messaging.  Scroll to Running, or All - and look for the Messaging Icon that is the square green face - clear THAT cache.

Screenshot_2015-05-01-10-38-01.png

0 Likes
txlucas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I knew it was facebook's messenger, I was just showing that it was the only message app in the list like the text says.  You guys are awesome, had no clue that menu could swipe right.  It says the cache is already empty - only other option is deleting app data.    Next question, will I be deleting all my contacts by killing the app's data?  Thanks!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No. It should be fine but make sure you have your contacts backed up first.

0 Likes
txlucas
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, backed up contacts and then cleared all data from messaging app.  Still shows 2 new messages, and I get a pop up at the top of my screen showing new message from so and so, with a preview of the text.  Click on app, no messages.  any other ideas?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe this might work.

Step 1) Make sure you have an app that can act as a temporary message application.  "Google Hangouts" worked for me.

Step 2) Settings > Apps(all) > Messaging > Disable      **this will be a temporary disable, all messages will be retained**

Step 3) Reboot the phone.  Hold down the power button until it turns off.

Step 4) Settings > Apps(all) > Disabled apps > Enable messaging app

Step 5) Your phone will have automatically chosen the next available messaging application (in my case google hangouts).

Step 6) Change your default messenger = Google hangouts > Settings > SMS > (at the top) hangout is your default, touch to change.

I got it from here Text Message Notifications

txlucas
Enthusiast - Level 2

The disable button is greyed out, I tried Force Stop, but it didn't change the button.  I skipped to step 6 though.  I opened google hangouts, turned on its sms feature, and bam - it showed the messages!  I deleted them, turned sms back off in hangouts, and went back to messenger.  All gone!  Thanks!!  I've been searching far and wide to find a solution.  I even tried other messaging apps.  Hangouts it is.