no SIM card
me75

I just bought a iphone 4s and I am missing a SIM card and now I can't get service. I checked and checked the packaging but found no SIM card. Wasn't my phone suppose to come with one?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no SIM card
Snn5
Legend

If you bought it from Verizon they may have expected you to use your old SIM.  Nonetheless, you can get a free SIM at a corporate store.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you bought it from Verizon they may have expected you to use your old SIM.  Nonetheless, you can get a free SIM at a corporate store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
me75

Congratulation on your new device! Sorry for the confusion. The Iphone 4s is not required to have a Sim card in order for you to receive service. Have you tried dialing *228 option 1 to activate the device? Try these steps to help activate your phone  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-activate-device-video/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wondered about that as well, but even Apple states it has a Micro SIM for the 4s with CDMA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
me75,
Most of the time with the iPhones, the SIM card comes pre-installed. On the 4S, the only time that you will need one is if you plan on traveling outside of the US and off of the VZW network. If you go under settings, then general, then about, under ICCID, do you see any number listed? Please share.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes