Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
fourstick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm livid pissed right now. Clean install from the jump, spent 8 hours reconfiguring my phone. As soon as I sign into Facebook...the android.process.acore error is rendering my phone effectively useless (I run everything through G-Voice and Hangouts for portability between devices). 

I've been using Lollipop on my Nexus 7 since it came out with zero issues. This is not a Google problem, it's an LG/Samsung one. Verizon won't let anyone root the phone and install stock Lollipop, so they better be SURE that this stuff has been tested out before rolling out an OTA update, especially of tje error essentially cripples the phone.

I've tried everything: Dumping contact memory, starting completely over for a second time, nothing works -- every single time I try to sync contacts between my phone and any app, the error blows everything up.  I guess I'll be tethering to my tablet until they get their s*** together and get this fixed.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

As a beta-tester, you should be compensated for your efforts. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

From what I have read, Facebook is the app at issue.  I apologize, but I do not use that app.  I use a bookmark widget for Facebook, directly to the webpage.

Snn5
Legend

So far, the only issue I have had is the inability of My Data Manager to disable data when the alarm threshold has been reached.  I think this might be a new OS rule now in 5.x.

howard10000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had nothing but problems since upgrading to Android 5.0 on my LG G2.

The android.process.acore error pops up constantly and makes the phone useless except for that of a paper weight.

I factory reset the device twice and the error continued to return which tells me there might be a kernel or some critical component in the Android OS.

Verizon had better deal with this and quickly.

Snn5
Legend

Did you come directly from Stock or come from a reflashed kdz?

fifteenkey
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far so good. Battery could be an issue. It seems to be draining quickly, but I have it plugged in at work, so it's hard to tell. After the KK update, battery was horrible, and it took a hard reset (PITA!) to fix it.

The Hard Reset | Working Smarter Cafe

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Should be noted that I have had to replace 1-2 G2s because even my stock, never rooted G2 failed during the KitKat update and the Advanced Calling update.

0 Likes
howard10000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sn5,

I updated as per Verizon's OTA update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I haven't figured out what Battery Saver turns on and off yet, only that it comes on at immediately, 15 and 5% levels.  I can also confirm that apps can no longer disable data in LP.  Guess that's a win for Verizon.

0 Likes