Re: Sim Card initializing issue...
tadio

I, too, am experiencing the same phenomenon. On a stock Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3, using the gmail-based contact list, while attempting to only display one set of contacts a dialog box appears with "SIM card initializing...". I've had this phone for two weeks now and it did this upon first use and continues to do so. I've tried removing the SIM after powerdown, restarting with & without the SIM installed. Cache was cleared. Took book to the VZW store where I received it and they couldn't help, either. The only option is to press "OK" and letting the device sit for 10+ minutes didn't have a positive result, either. I don't use many apps, and I don't believe I have anything installed that would interfere with this process. The phone is now using update_SM-N900V-NC4_to_NK1 from Feb 21; this is Android 4.4.4 and hardware version N900V.07. I'm clearly not alone in this frustration. Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
msteeby

I too am having this problem with a stock Verizon s3. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
porppington
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my replacement phone and it's doing the same thing. I think Verizon needs to call up Samsung and figure this out because this is becoming a headache.

0 Likes
chupzmoko

I received my GS4 via mail from Verizon store brand new in mid-March.  I tried to play with my contact lists and see the same issue as with other folks here.  I hit "Contacts to display" and then "SIM card initializing.." appears.  I hit OK to clear the pop-up but the feature to select contacts to display did not come up.  My old S3 (from Sprint) didn't have this issue.  Here are my phone details:

Model: SCH-I545

Hardware version: I545.07

Android 4.4.2

Kernel version: 3.4.0

Verizon support - please help us fix this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure your device is working properly chupzmoko! I want you to put the phone on http://spr.ly/65824rjQ safe mode and advise if this still happens.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
porppington
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried it in safe mode and the I still get the sim card initializing error

0 Likes
chupzmoko

Same result as with "porppington".  I still get that sim card initializing error as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for your efforts and testing in Safe Mode porppington! You indicate in your previous message that this is a brand new phone; If you are getting a SIM card initializing error, were you able to activate your phone? We should consider a SIM card replacement. Please stop by a Verizon Wireless store for a hands on evaluation and a free SIM card replacement. Enter your ZIP code at this link vzw.com/StoreLocator for a store near you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
porppington
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on my third sim card. I've already been to the store. They replaced my sim card and replaced my phone. I would say that this is a software issue that needs to be addressed between samsung and Verizon immediately and if not customers should have the option of upgrading to a new s5 for free for having to deal with this issue. Just my thoughts.....I actually use to work for Verizon.

kph2bm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did anything ever come of this?

0 Likes