Where are my text message badges
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

My granddaughter has an iPhone (iPhone 4 I believe).  She is not receiving any notice of an incoming text message. There is no badge by the text message icon showing the number of unread messages or any other indication of a message.  Under Settings/Notification Center/Messages the Badge App icon is turned on.  In Settings/Messages all options are also turned on.  What is she doing wrong?  Help Please.  Needless to say she both sending and receiving messages okay.

Thanks... Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are my text message badges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Agunats, I'm happy to hear that your daughter's iPhone is now sending and receiving text. i would like to take a few steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. Can I have you reset the network setting? You will need to add any wifi connections she has. http://spr.ly/6-10NpeC. That should help. Does her device have any physical or liquid damage?  VanetrisC_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Agunats
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think you misunderstood the problem.  My granddaughter has NEVER had any problem either sending or receiving text messages. Her ONLY problem is that she gets no notification when a new text message arrives.  Normally when a text message arrives there should be a small number in the corner of the text messaging icon indicating that she has an unread text message.  If she has 1 message unread there will be a 1 in that corner.  If she has 3 messages unread there will be a 3 in the corner.  The same way it works for unread emails.  Again, there has never been any problem either sending or receiving text messages.  You can refer to my original Forum message for the settings that are on the phone now.  I hope this helps.

Thanks... Bob

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I see! Thanks for clarifying that, Bob!
I want to ensure  your granddaughter gets the message notifications on her iPhone.
Can you have her check Settings>Do Not Disturb to make sure it is not enabled?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes