Wireless Internet speed has dropped drastically.
TNDave

I have been using a UML290 for home Internet for years now, and was happy with the speed, normally 8-10 MB download.  But for a couple weeks now it has become almost unusable at times.  This morning I was only getting 0.3 MB download!!!!! What the heck is going on to cause this abysmal service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wireless Internet speed has dropped drastically.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TNDave, thanks for the heads up. No issues reported in Tennessee at this time. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Have you powered it off/on since the issue started?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TNDave

Just checked again, speed dropped to 0.15 MB!  This is not acceptable at any time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello TNDave! It's nice to hear that you have enjoyed your service for a long time! Let's see what's going on in the past 2 weeks! Are you getting any error messages? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? What's your zip code? Let's gather some information so we can figure this out for you
0 Likes
TNDave

The problem for the last couple weeks has been EXTREME inconsistency!  At times, the speed is so slow it is almost unusable, at other times it is good.  Just checked it, and had over 18MB upload speed, which is great.  However, at times, like this morning, it will be so slow web pages will time out before loading.  Right now it is great, but little hope for it to stay that way.  Is there something locally going on that could cause such drastic inconsistency?  (Dandridge, Tn).

0 Likes
TNDave

Zip code is 37725-1129

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TNDave,  Thanks for those additional details.  I know that consistent speed is important to our customers.  There has been no other reports of such an experience in this area. Have you been able to test the device outdoors or in another location?  It sounds like the device is running well right now, but let us know if you notice any other patterns so we can pinpoint a resolution. Thanks!   TrevorC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TNDave, thanks for the heads up. No issues reported in Tennessee at this time. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Have you powered it off/on since the issue started?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TNDave

Yes, device was powered off and on a couple times. Right now, speed is being relatively good, ranging from 6 MB to 18 MB download the last couple days. Several times over the past couple weeks though I had times where it was horribly slow, at times as low as 0.14 MB. It seems to be no problem with my equipment, but the 4G service locally. When it is bad, signal strength is good, but internet speed bad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the additional information TNDave. I am glad to hear it is running a bit better now but can understand that it is something that changes often. What we would want to do is when the speeds start to slow down again, we would like you to update us this way we can look into opening a ticket and finding out what is happening with the tower during that time. Please keep us posted on your findings.

CandiceH_VZW
0 Likes