Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Kit Kat Update = Worse Reception
SteveHOK

Same issue for me. Tried all the recommended procedures but still can rarely make a phone call anymore. Phone was great until the latest update. Very frustrated!

0 Likes
have2use_vzw

I am in 30518 zip code and have been having this issue since June. it drops to 3G and stay there most of the time and sometime it drops down to 1X and stays there till I rebooted. Even if I get 4G, it is usually 1 or 2 bars. My wife's T-Mobile is always 5 bars and never dropped below 4 bars. I thought Verizon is touting it has the best 4G LTE nationwide?????

0 Likes
tzimmerman583

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S3.   I had to call tech support form a iphone using vzw because my phone could not hold the call   I have had numerous different locations where a iphone or a jetpack will have 3 bars of 4g service and i would be lucky if i had 1 bar of 1x or 3g.   Called Tech support and he "updated" the roaming.   I am not buying that he did anything but he said i should test it for a day....Not holding my breath.

0 Likes
haribo

The reception on my phone is horrible.  If and when I actually get any signal (4g or 3g) it'll quickly turn to no reception within 30 seconds.  It just keeps switching from 4g/3g to no reception constantly all day.  Can't surf the internet or use the GPS.  My phone is pretty much useless unless I'm on wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello haribo!

Let's get this issue addressed with your S3! Please to to menu/settings/mobile networks/network mode. Please change it to LTE/CDMA and let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
haribo

My phone was already on LTE/CDMA.  I talked to customer service online and they told me to go into the store to get a new SIM card.  I went and had no problems in the actual store so I thought my problem was fixed but long and behold when I walk to my car, there's once again no signal.  My phone shows bars but no 1x/3g/4g symbol.  This pretty much happens everywhere I go when I'm not on wifi.

0 Likes
haribo

How did that "update" the roaming work out for you?

0 Likes
ebatmaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I both have Galaxy S3s and our wireless reception AND GPS reception has been terrible in the last year or so (maybe even longer). Last time I traveled out of state, the phone kept losing the signal and I felt like I was lost, not knowing where to go. This is simply unacceptable. Unless there is a real quick fix to this issue, my 5 year journey with Verizon will come to an end.

Goldensugarplum
Enthusiast - Level 2

someone needs to fix this. updated to gs5, worked fine without the update. been a customer over ten years and this is THE WORST UPDATE EVER. reception is 2 bars max no matter where i am and even in locations that i had full reception. went through the lte/cdma/global setting, had to hard reset the phone loosing ALL of my information trying to figure this out. someone needs to tell me wtf is going on asap and let the public know. why was such a crap update released anyway?!

SYoung49

I agree with you. GPS and Reception has been declining almost everyday.

Time for a new carrier.

0 Likes