Re: Ellipsis Sd Card
thellmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

You won't be able to store apps to the SD card nor be able to automatically store music, pics, or anything else there via apps until/unless they update this tablet to Kit Kat.  Right now its totally a PC/Mac function to actually access the SD card, and after that its strictly a set of static files until you reconnect to a computer with a cable.  Why they don't update these to Kit Kit I have no idea. It's a better and more efficient operating system even with its other issues.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The KitKat OS version of Android restricts access to the SD card even more than the Jelly Bean version. KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Omally01

So they seriously just abandoned this tablet?  If so that super sucks since it's actually quite the tablet for the price.  This app storage issue is a serious bummer!  Verizon, do you have any plans to patch this?  (comment removed)

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

With the release of the Elipsis 8, it appears Verizon has indeed abandoned this product. It is truly disappointing that you guys did nothing to resolve the SD card issue, nor did anything for customers who were lied to about the SD card being able to increase the storage capacity of the device. You can be rest assured I will never buy another tablet device through Verizon as I do not believe this company is trustworthy in this area. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
sczock959

Thinking I was going to meat this thing up w/ a 128GB sd.  XxWrongxX...

Too much memory for the processor.  It "Does" work for a little while...about two minutes, then it says that the sd card has been removed.

Mixed emotions in windows vista and this device fixing sector errors and then watching it die after two minutes.....

Upgrade?  I don't think they will...

32 GB HC card here I come....Wishful thinking I guess....hehehe

0 Likes
JetSetJoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

All worked well until the final command "adb shell pm-set-install-location 2" That did not work. Location was not found. Please advice.

0 Likes