Droid X email will not send, just sits in OUTBOX and errors out. Both Hotmail and GMAIL accounts.
sg450t

Emails have been working fine since I got the phone, then all of a sudden, when I tried to reply to an email, it just sits in the outbox. It does this on all email accounts, the hotmail and gmail. The hotmail generates a notification that says "Tap to see message" which takes me to the outbox where the composed email is just sitting there.

The Gmail account just states, " No connection". I've tried rebooting, turning off processes, reinstalling the accounts, so far nothing. I do receive emails though.

Any ideas?

UPDATE!!! Did a battery pull and is working again......strange.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X email will not send, just sits in OUTBOX and errors out. Both Hotmail and GMAIL accounts.
arcover1

Funny, I have similar problems mostly with photos, and also your problem, which I just stopped using my phone to reply or compose and send emails

.  Never got a solution.   Since you have a different phone, I suspect, that the phones are not the problem, but something to do with our Verizon account.  Mine is locked to Verizon - a month to month prepaid LG Optimus.  If indeed, you do to with your Droid, then I suspect it is our "cheap" service and very limited in the functions of our phones and what we pay?  Just a guess here - then I am going to holler out to Verizon to help fix this mess.  Or toss the phone and go to another provider.  This problem screams "we get what we pay for"  I hope I am wrong in your case.  Don't want to put a damper on your request for a solution.   I am just curious - so that I can find the right people to fix the problem.  I hope it was just a reboot in your case.

0 Likes