Re: Added a new iphone 5c to my account and it used 6GB of data in 10 days...anyone ever have this happen?  Bad SIM card ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of keeping a handle on your data usage jrmiller720! Devices can use data with interactive apps that update in real time and constantly collect data. Is your daughter in the same household? Is she also connected to wifi? Are her apps setup to update automatically? http://vz.to/1qgM1SL

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Added a new iphone 5c to my account and it used 6GB of data in 10 days...anyone ever have this happen? Bad SIM card ?
sadmom

I am so glad to see others having trouble.  We all upgraded to 5c in June.  Everything has been fine until this month.

We have survived on 2gb data each for the last four years. According to Verizon, my son has use over 10gb this past month. After viewing the breakdown of the bill, I just cannot believe it.  It say on several days he has used over 2gb in one day. IMPOSSIBLE!  Someone at verizon needs to step up before we all leave for other companies. i have seen my phone switch to LTE, while sitting in my home.  I have wireless? what is going on

0 Likes
Re: Added a new iphone 5c to my account and it used 6GB of data in 10 days...anyone ever have this happen? Bad SIM card ?
atty4defense
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got an IPhone 5c at the end of July and am having recurring problems with massive data usage.  I have had several unhelpful and unresponsive conversations with Verizon about this.  I cannot seem to make anyone understand that using 3g of data in 2 hours is NOT NORMAL.  I use between 10-12 gig for the past 5 years as I use my hotspot as internet  in the office.  Today I used 2g.  In a day.  After reading the comments on this forum and Verizon's responses, I am going to write a letter to the FCC, enclose a print out of all the comments in this forum, and see if that helps.  If that does not help, I'm going to switch to Sprint.

truly579
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with a new iPhone 5C I just purchased and it's only been 7 days.  Contacting VZN tomorrow!

0 Likes
Re: Added a new iphone 5c to my account and it used 6GB of data in 10 days...anyone ever have this happen?  Bad SIM card ?
LadyDi51
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same problem with my sons iPhone 5c. I'm so frustrated and can not endure any more monitoring of this phone.

0 Likes
KX4SAM

I don't know if this topic is live, BUT THE PROBLEM STILL EXIST.

I just added a line and Iphone 5C for my grand daughter.  My daughter and wife also have 5C phones.

Utube, netflix, etc are not installed on the phone,  Yet it uses 3.4G in two weeks.  I called customer service and they blamed it on applications that don't exist.   Something is going on with that phone. 

Are their other carriers who offer unlimited data.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think TMobile has unlimited data plans but it's subjective. Very little of the data allowance is at high speed. The rest is significantly slowed down until the next billing cycle. If that doesn't matter to you then they are an option.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You do know you can watch YouTube without the app installed.

My experience in working with actual phones and people who are using more data than they expect is this:

About 5% do seem to have some type of problem

The vast majority though are actually using the data. Kids have been the culprit many times. As I said, you can use YouTube and many other data intensive services just within safari.

Another thing most do not realize, is going from 3G to 4G LTE will use 2 to 2.5 times more data for just "doing the same things"

0 Likes