How to reconnect a pay-as-you-go device?
dinolfos

Hi guys,

I have a little bit of a complicated problem, but the verizon wireless site is leading me in a maze of circles and I can find no email address for support. I will do my best to explain briefly. I have been out of the country for the last 6 months, therefore my pay-as-you-go phone has been disconnected. I want to reconnect my phone. Here is where the problem starts. I have been using this number for several years and I have certainly used my verizon wireless account in the past. However, I cannot access my account no matter what I try. The sign in bar will not recognize anything that my user  ID might possible be, therefore I tried entering the number of the phone. This takes me to a page that says, “If your mobile number is disconnected you must enter your User ID.” So I click “I forgot my User ID,” and the site takes me to a page prompting me to enter my phone number. Again, I enter the number and the site tells me, “You have not registered with My Verizon, please register now.” This can not be correct, as I have stated I have used the verizon wireless site for this number in the past. I also looked up reconnecting a device under frequently asked questions. The issue is addressed there, and it even includes a link to a page to “Suspend or Reconnect Service.” When I click this link, it brings me back to the main verizon wireless page. I’m sure you can understand my frustration because the site is leading me in circles over and over. I just need to reconnect my service on the same device I was using in the past. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Ryan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to reconnect a pay-as-you-go device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello dinolfos!  We would love to assist with your service; however, we only have access to Postpay accounts. Please reach out to our Prepay Team at 877-777-5759 for assistance.   Thank you,   LenaA_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to reconnect a pay-as-you-go device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello dinolfos!  We would love to assist with your service; however, we only have access to Postpay accounts. Please reach out to our Prepay Team at 877-777-5759 for assistance.   Thank you,   LenaA_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes