How can I disable the end of call notification or at least turn it down?
mudobber
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my Droid Turbo, At the end of a call there is a big loud beep.  (end of call notification)  I need to disable it or turn it down because on headset it is deafening.  I had this exact problem on the HTC One M8 and now with the Droid Turbo.  My wife's Samsung S5 has an option to disable it and I believe the LG G3 has an option to disable it.  IT isn't a problem except on headset or over hands-free in the car.  It is intolerable when I have to turn up the phone to hear a caller.  Please help soon as my 14 days are running out and I will likely have to trade in this phone Droid Turbo in for the LG.  Verizon technical support is no help at all. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I disable the end of call notification or at least turn it down?
mudobber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do appreciate your work Tamara. I know you put some time into this and I

want you to know that I am very satisfied with the service you have

provided. I am totally ok with closing this topic now. This is however a

big thank you and hug for you for caring about and performing your job!

Dave

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:41 PM, TamaraH_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That can get annoying mudobber!  I was wondering if you are not connected to the headset does it continue to give the beep really loud at the end of the call? Is it still loud if you turn down your volume on the headset? Does it happen on all calls?  Please share details.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mudobber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for replying Amber, it is a little more than annoying, it is a safety hazard.  Tinnitus is not a fun disease and this problem can be a contributing factor. 

Yes the end of call notification (loud beep) does occur at the end of every call.  And an end of call notification can be a good thing.  But missing it a way to control it's volume.  No, it is not as loud with the volume tuned down.  It is not a problem unless using bluetooth or headset as the speaker is away from the ear.  But on headset it is very loud, and extremely loud when you have to turn the phone up to hear a caller.  I have a long commute and use a headset a-lot. My work around currently is to rip my headset out of my ear before a call ends to avoid the excruciating pain of having my ear blasted.  Car bluetooth does have the same problem.  Turn the phone up to hear a call then everyone in the car will get blasted.  This is not a problem for those that do not use bluetooth or a headset.  But for those that do, it hurts. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this would be a bad experience for you. I understand the 14 day return/exchange timeframe is upon us. It appears the Turbo doesn't have a way to disable the sound at this time. I wanted to make sure I submitted your feedback in case this is something that may be worked on in a future software update.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for your patience, mudobber!

I sent your feedback to my internal software team. They then had to reach out to Motorola who confirmed the Turbo is working as designed within the specs for the phone. Motorola is going to monitor for any future complaints, but at this time there is not a workaround.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
mudobber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do appreciate your work Tamara. I know you put some time into this and I

want you to know that I am very satisfied with the service you have

provided. I am totally ok with closing this topic now. This is however a

big thank you and hug for you for caring about and performing your job!

Dave

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:41 PM, TamaraH_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes