why is it my samsung galaxy s4 doesn't receive 4g lte? Shows eHRPD as mobile network type.
blackbourn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is it my Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't receive 4G LTE?  Rarely did since I bought it.  Mobile network type is eHRPD? I've jumped through all the hoops (removed battery,etc).  Any other suggestions?

@

0 Likes
Re: why is it my samsung galaxy s4 doesn't receive 4g lte?  Shows eHRPD as  mobile network type.
Snn5
Legend

Do you have any other APN names in your list within Network settings?  I only have 1...

VZWINTERNET

(Internet PDN APN)

0 Likes
Re: why is it my samsung galaxy s4 doesn't receive 4g lte?  Shows eHRPD as  mobile network type.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Erhrpd is a software solution that allows vzw to use exsisting cdma towers to pass an LTE signal over packets over to the lte network, the best way to explain it is that it is a bridge between cdma and lte. If ehrpd didn't exsist Verizon would have to either build new pure lte towers or add a ton of equipment to the exsisting towers to make them lte ready, this reduces some of that burden. Ehrpd is a critical technology that is allowing vzw to build out the lte infastructure as quickly and cost efficiently as possible.

So to answer your question It's not fake lte, when your running the speed test and you see ehrpd it is because the packets being sent by the app are broadcasting over lte to the tower and then being switched over to the exsisting cdma hardware which then can be processed in the back end by vzws network.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, IDK why I thought that APN had anything to do with it.

0 Likes