I'm getting a text message from 6250 VZWNMN:1.
TimmieP

I have removed my phone from the Cloud but i still get this message every time a get an email on my Yahoo account. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm getting a text message from 6250 VZWNMN:1.
Snn5
Legend

OK, you removed your phone from any cloud account or Verizon cloud?  I don't see where Yahoo and the Verizon cloud co mingle. BUT, below I have a couple links that seem to point toward "sync and connect."  Depending on what model phone you have you might find other ways.

How To Stop Unwanted Text Messages From 6250 That Say VZWNMN:1 | Keep Calm and Factory Data Reset…

Text messages from VZWNMN

I keep getting a text message "VZWNMN:1" every 1 to 2 minutes. How can I get this to stop? I am go...

Looks like you need to go into My Verizon and stop that Backup Assistant.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How are your Cloud and Yahoo accounts linked?

0 Likes
TimmieP

Not sure. How would i find out?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OK, you removed your phone from any cloud account or Verizon cloud?  I don't see where Yahoo and the Verizon cloud co mingle. BUT, below I have a couple links that seem to point toward "sync and connect."  Depending on what model phone you have you might find other ways.

How To Stop Unwanted Text Messages From 6250 That Say VZWNMN:1 | Keep Calm and Factory Data Reset…

Text messages from VZWNMN

I keep getting a text message "VZWNMN:1" every 1 to 2 minutes. How can I get this to stop? I am go...

Looks like you need to go into My Verizon and stop that Backup Assistant.

0 Likes
TimmieP

Well i foloowed the directions on all of those. Some of them are out of date and the Verizion website has changed, but i was able to cancel the Cloud service, but i cant find the Back Up Assistance to cancel that.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

BUA was renamed to Verizon Cloud.  VC is all inclusive of the cloud-based services.

0 Likes
TimmieP

Well hell! Any other ideas??? I tried to see if i could block the number but you cant block non 10 digits #'s

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

In your app manager did you disable Verizon Cloud and/or BUA and Verizon Sync?  There are apps that can block texts, but after Android 4.4 you are required to use THAT app to message from then on out.  After disabling those Verizon apps I have not had an issue.  Also, remove any Verizon account from the accounts list in the phones account settings.

0 Likes
TimmieP

I tried to diable the BUA but the Disable button was blacked out.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I also had to settle for just disabling Cloud and Sync Service.

0 Likes