Why $40 monthly access?
nursemom24

I don't understand why I am having to pay a $40 a month access fee for a smart phone that is like 4 years old when I am already paying $80 a month for my package. I understand on my new phone but on an old phone that makes no sense to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why $40 monthly access?
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Everyone has to pay the access fee regardless of the age of the smart phone.  If it's a smart phone you're paying $40 per month unless it's discounted through EDGE (meaning you have to meet specific requirements) or a discount through your employer.  There is no way around it...sorry.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Everyone has to pay the access fee regardless of the age of the smart phone.  If it's a smart phone you're paying $40 per month unless it's discounted through EDGE (meaning you have to meet specific requirements) or a discount through your employer.  There is no way around it...sorry.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is because the line access fee IS part of your package. With the More Everything plan, you have a fee for each line on the plan AND a fee shared among all lines. It is simply how Verizon breaks up your bill.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Is your 4 year old smartphone off contract? If so, just go online and sign up for the month to month feature which will give you $25/month. Now instead of $40, it is $15 access fee.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

IF they have a 6 GB or more data plan, of course.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are paying $80 for calls, minutes and texting. The $40 is a line fee which is extra. People with 5 liens should pay the same rate as a person with 1 line? Um no. Also if the phone is 4 years old then it should have been of contract for the last 2 years. You could have been getting a discount on your line fee for the last 11 months.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You PAY for the data package. The access fee is per device which includes voice and text.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

You PAY for the data package. The access fee is per device which includes voice and text.

Hate to disagree but the "data" package is also the voice and text. The line fee is just that a line fee. Look at pricing for just internet device with voice and text. The same data package is cheaper. Why? because those don't have voice and text.

Go look at the More Everything pricing breakdown

For Voice & Data Pricing

javascript:void(0);

For Data Only Pricing

See Verizon clearly indicates Voice and text is part of the "data" package.

Monthly Line Access

Smartphone$40
With Verizon Edge Discount$25

Monthly Data Access

2 GB MORE Everything Shared Data, Unlimited Talk & Text
0 Likes
Weth
Legend

rcschnoor wrote:

IF they have a 6 GB or more data plan, of course.

$80 data package is what I was basing it on.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Correct but the base package is the data and the access fees are not part of the plan. That's why you pick the data first before picking the lines.

0 Likes