Angry BlackBerry User
AngryBlackBerryUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Social Media is the wrong place to post this, but nobody at the REAL Verizon Co. will listen to my complaints.  I have been attempting to upgrade my BlackBerry Bold for approx 2 years, since the release of the BB Q10.  From the start, it was clear the local VZW stores did not want to promote BB products and spent most of their sales pitch trying to get me into an LG, Samsung or IPhone.  My main requirement was the physical QWERTY keyboard and functionality as a phone, email and communication device.  I had little need for games, fancy apps, ringtones and other glitchy sales tactics.  Locally, they either had a non functinal display phone or it was "broken & would be replaced soon".  3 months later, the same broken phone still held its spot on the shelf.  After numerous support calls, I found one person that assured me a working BB Q10 would be shipped to my local store for me to demo.  This never happened.  No surprise there.  At another VZW store, I was told "Blackberry is going bankrupt and Verizon was no longer carrying Blackberry items".  With the release of the new BB Classic, I have followed and contacted VZW on numerous occasions as to when it was going to be release under their carrier. Phone is now available online and when confirmed with the local store, they would have them in store by March 5, but available for ordering and shipment online Feb 26th.  Again....LIES.  Item is "Back Ordered" and should be available for shipment March 3rd.

I have complained at every level, on every call, at several locations.  Apparently, there is no longer a customer satisfaction or a retention department.  It is strictly sales and lip service.

As a 360/Alltel/VZW for ~20 years, 5 lines, frequent upgrades on 3 of the other devices, keeping a customer happy is no longer a prime concern.

For the duration that this post stays up before it is blocked, I have said my piece.  On my way to AT&T to pick up my new BB Classic.

Labels (1)
Re: Angry BlackBerry User
Snn5
Legend

So, instead of just waiting another week you are going through the hassle of switching carriers?

JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

See my Verizon and BlackBerry thread.  I got the same runaround from sales staffs at two stores and I wanted a Z10, upgrading from a Q10.  I was finally relegated to, "Go home and buy it on our website."  I quickly came to the conclusion that BlackBerry customers are looked on as second class citizens in Verizon stores.

I did order the Z10 from their website and it came and I set it up and activated it over the phone.  But as far as Verizon's stores sales staff, they're just not interested in helping, in any way shape or form, anyone who wants a BlackBerry.

Here's where I have a problem with this.  VERIZON OFFERS BLACKBERRY DEVICES!  If they offer them, then expect people to walk into the showroom and ask for them.  As I said in the other thread...I could care less what phone you like or dislike...your personal preference is irrelevant to me.  If the carrier you work for offers a particular device and I come in and ask for it...HELP ME GET IT! 

Every Verizon salesman needs to undergo a new training program called, "How to avoid cell phone prejudice."

tcgty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon and even AT&T in-store sales reps are nothing but Android and iOS fanatics. Sad but true. Both companies needs to revamp their training.

They are concerned with "selling" to customers and suggesting devices based on their bias instead of responding to the customers' wants and needs.

Snn5
Legend

Reasons being popularity of course.  Oh, and since BB is catering to the other 3 mobile platforms with software and security contributions as well as allowing access to Android apps on BB devices...it would seem BB is losing its identity.

tcgty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not really losing its identity. Security wise, Samsung and Google wanted the technology so BlackBerry announced partnerships in the area of security.

Blackberry is known for it physical QWERTY keyboard (and it layout), toolbelt, and security options. Recently, BlackBerry announced the mobile enterprise thingy consolidating access to all functions that will be available later this year. Have you heard about the copyright infringement when one company supported by Ryan Seacrest were sued by BB for taking the BB QWERTY keyboard design as their own for the optional iPhone accessory?

As for Android apps, BB only made it like a sandbox, where the Android apps have no direct access to BB10 OS. At least for me, the native apps pre-installed on the Passport is enough. But then again, I don't use my Passport for playing games and or social media; but for phone calls, SMS, emails, word processing, note taking, etc.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, BB was mainly the first affordable smart-ish phone for the market in many places and Android was new and iPhone wasn't really established yet.  Business customers might have become a niche market now.  Some places require no camera models and such I know.  And, a lot of folks don't want a work phone and a personal phone.

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

I just want the black berry pearl back

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Good solid phone!

Snn5
Legend

I never had that one.  My one and only ever BB was the red Alltel 8330.