Re: Poor coverage - where to report to Verizon?
bHbZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Happens indoors and out although I understand building materials may impact reception inside.

So far, this problem occurs with three different iPhone 6s and one iPhone 5.

I hope there's another solution other than shelling out money for a femtocell.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additonal details bHbz. Have you tried to reset the network settings on the three iPhones? To do this tap on settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Also, do you have a lot of third party applications installed on the phones?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bHbZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for that suggestion.  Never tried resetting the network settings.

Tried it on two of the iPhone 6s.  Still only have one to two dots/bars of signal strength (same as before).

We have about 20-30 third party applications installed.  None of which have "Background App Refresh" on.  Also, we limit third party apps having access to the "Notification Center" to mainly banking/credit cards so we'll get instant fraud alerts.

Any other thoughts as to why we're getting poor reception?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bHbZ,

I appreciate you testing and getting back to us. Do you no anyone with Android phones in the area? Do they also have service issues? Have you every previously had a ticket filed regarding the service issues? Do yo have any issues with text when on or off wifi?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bHbZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, we don't know any of our neighbors to test how Android phones behave.

We do experience issues with texting when off wifi.  But texting seems to require less signal strength than placing a voice call.  However, we've been heavily relying on wifi to send texts via iMessage.

We also have NOT filed a ticket regarding this service issue.  Can you please initiate from your end?

0 Likes
HCK12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get absolutely terrible wireless coverage on my iPhone 6plus at my home in Bethesda, MD.  95% of the time I get 1 bar and occasionally 2 bars.   I have spoken to Verizon support and they don't know hay as my house is in the heart of Bethesda and between two cell towers.    any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HCK12, we always want you to have the best service possible where you use your phone the most. I can definitely address your concerns. Did you have reception issues prior to having the iPhone 6 plus? Does anyone else use our services in your home using a different device and if so, are they having issues also? Let us know. We're here to help.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes